Another Oriskiney Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluenose

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to organize a trip to dive the Oriskiney (looking for other great wrecks too) for a group of 6-10 North East Divers. We do like to enjoy the bar scene also. Or actually somewhere we can sit and drink preferably with a dock and BBQ.
Is Pennsacola the place to go or could you suggest a better location. We will not have cars and want conveinience. Also a dive out fit with Nitrox and cater to more advanced divers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Depends where you'll be staying when you go. Not having a car will kind of suck for you, as it did form me but cabs are plentiful. I stayed on the beach in Pensacola, but it was a $20 cab ride to the marina where the k-Not was.

Dive Pros is a pretty good setup for advanced and techs, I went with a 29% and 1.4pp on my dives. But once again the shop is kinda outta the way if you dont have a car. I beleive there is a LDS right in Pensacola...thinks its Scuba Shack but can tell you anything about it.

Night life is great, whether in downtown Pensacola or out on Pensacola Beach. I can say Hemmingways' Flounders Chowder House are great on Pensacola Beach. The Fish House on the marina on Barracks street was great too. If you need more info PM and I'll see if I can help out more.

-rhyz

We are in Orange Beach, Al. and we are a Full Service Dive Shop with a 30' Hydro Cat
(6 Max) Dive Boat. We make the trip in a hour and a half and are as close if not closer than most of the boats out of Pensacola.
Orange Beach may be easier to get around in because everything is within a few miles, Our Shop is 2 miles from our Boat and we have a Condo available with a dock for pick up. Although it would be a longer ride from the airport.
The Night life and food are Great in this area.
Give Us a call if You would like more info at 251.968.4279

Back
Top Bottom