another nooby diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amberr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Heyyy I'm new to this site. I'm a nooby diver so hoping for some advice on what to do next. I completed my open water course last week in Kos (loved it). Hoping to try and find some local active clubs I could join to carry on diving in the West Midlands. Thats about it really.

Thanksss and hopefully i'll stick around
Amber.

hi amber ....welcome to scuba board....my advise is find a dive buddy which have an extra knowledge about scuba diving and try shore diving in shallow waters....this will help you to learn and enjoy something extra about scuba diving...... also you will be able to get more bueoncy control.......

<<<<<<<<< HAVE FUN>>>>>>>

:admingreet: Hey, Amberrrrrrrr (extra 'r' for diving in cold water) Actually had to look up where West Midlands is. Happy diving.

Amber... Welcome to SCUBA and ScubaBoard. Check out the forum for your geographic region here and you'll probably get some better answers regarding clubs in your area.

Hi Amberr. We're all still noobs to an extent :wink:. You'll find that scuba divers are constantly learning, improving, and refining the basic scuba skills, even though we're very comfortable in the water. Just keep diving and keep learning.

Like drbill says, check your local forum for buddies. Also, check your LDS for local drop-in dives or a buddy list. See if your LDS or your location in general has a Facebook page (and/or dive club) where you can post and organize dives. The first month will be difficult finding buddies, but if you keep constantly trying in the first month, you'll find that the next month, you'll have more potential dive buddies than you can handle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom