Another new diving couple.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NevrEnuff

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone. My wife and I just recently completed our open water dives and are actively looking for our own gear. Can't wait to get started. We are in Little Rock and have some really clear lakes to dive and speargun. She just wants to dive the tropics though. I guess my first question to the board would be, what is everyones opinion of buying gear on e-bay. I have a bid on a pretty new black diamond right now and I'm nervous about buying online. Thanx in advance.

Welcome to the board, and congrats on the new certification!

There are *some* things I wouldn't have a problem buying on e-bay: fins, snorkel, mask, wetsuit, harness,a few of the danglies...

However, when it comes to the life support equipment, I prefer either my LDS, or a solid, reputable site, like ScubaToys, and some of the others. So, for me, the regs, wings, electronics (basically, anything you actually might invoke a warranty for), wouldn't be off e-bay.

But, that's me...

Good luck, dive safe...

Welcome Aboard !
Agree with everyone else.
Service and Warranty are a consideration.
Also fit and comfort.
Know before you buy.

Hello everyone. My wife and I just recently completed our open water dives and are actively looking for our own gear. Can't wait to get started. We are in Little Rock and have some really clear lakes to dive and spear gun. She just wants to dive the tropics though. I guess my first question to the board would be, what is everyones opinion of buying gear on e-bay. I have a bid on a pretty new black diamond right now and I'm nervous about buying on line. Thanx in advance.

I agree with everyone else and wouldn't buy regulators or dive computers off eBay. Consider that if you buy a regulator off eBay you will should take it to your LDS or a reputable service facility to have them go through at least an annual service. This cost must be factored in and added to the purchase price of the regulator.

WELCOME TO THE :sblogo:

It's a great adventure to share as a family! Best of luck in your diving adventures!

Carolyn:sharks:

Hello also from AR but the Fayetteville area, lake diving can be fun but warm blue water is my thing. I would also find a local dive shop so you can "try before you buy" you really need to be comfortable in you gear and it is a big investment, I'd hate to get a great buy on e-bay but not like the way something fits.
Happy diving!

Welcome to the SB community. Must be great to have a ready dive buddy! Enjoy your new activity together. My wife is a diver... I just haven't met her yet!

Drbill, I read your E-bay thread, thought you had more info on buying.(I've never done it)

Nevrenough, compare to scubatoys, leisure-pro, and others to see if it is a good price.

Drbill sorry bout tour electronics problem, I recently had a bobcat software program do that to my comp screen also. Wondering if the dry side still holds for ya.

Gotta shoot my ling now.

Happy Diving

Back
Top Bottom