Another Fusion review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, Gombessa, let's do a Vulcan mind meld and get it all straight . . .

Rofl. I can see it now. I'd walk away with all this new knowledge, and you'd be crying in a corner like Spock in that episode...wait, doesn't he always end up crying in a corner every time he does that?

I'm intrigued by this suit and read Jim's and Lynne's reviews with great interest. (Thanks to both of you for sharing your thoughts.)

It's funny... one comment I haven't read in either of the reviews and the subsequent posts (that I've seen in other drysuit reviews) relates to "learning to dive the suit". It seems that it's easier to dive this suit than other shell suits. Would you guys agree with that?

DiveJedi: A couple of questions for you...
1) How does the compression of the tech skin compare to the lycra skin? I'd expect it to squeeze more than the lycra suit.
2) How is the outer suit affected by installing a p-valve? Does it cover the valve or is there a hole in the outer suit too?
3) What's the MSRP on the tech skins? I saw $200 in one of the threads.
4) Looking at a pic of the rescue outer suit, are the red panels in neoprene or lycra?

Thanks,
Ralph

Members of the SB community...it is rather fruitless and bandwidth consuming to disagree about someones personal comparisons on a product. If TSandM has better mobility in her Fusion drysuit than her 3mm than that is based on her experiences..not yours.

In fact, I could give a rats rectum about how it compares to any other suit. She posted a review for others to decide for themselves. If you don't realize that YMMV..then well....argue away.

Jepuskar, I'm just saying that I do not find that the suit has more flexibility than a 3 mil and that is MY personal comparison on a product. It's a wonderful suit with what I think is great mobility for a drysuit and the most flexible that I have ever worn, but I do no think that it is more flexible than a 3 mil. And that is my review, and others can decide for themselves. If you have a problem with me disagreeing with someone, well, tough caca.

No, it's good to have a variety of viewpoints. There's never been a single product that everybody and his brother agreed was wonderful. James, Peter and I are clearly utterly delighted with the suit, and we have a couple of others who like it but think we're exaggerating a bit on the mobility. Still sounds like the consensus is positive!

<snip>It's funny... one comment I haven't read in either of the reviews and the subsequent posts (that I've seen in other drysuit reviews) relates to "learning to dive the suit". It seems that it's easier to dive this suit than other shell suits. Would you guys agree with that?

<snip>
Yes, I'd agree it's easier to learn. I watched two experienced wetsuit divers do their first drysuit dives ever and picked it up very quickly.

Also, from the Say goodby to cave cut Fusion review:

This is also the easiest drysuit I&#8217;ve ever flown. Just as a test, I flipped fins-up and waited for the air to rush into my legs. I wanted to see how easy it was to backpedal out of the position and recover.

The result was really, really unexpected &#8211; the air just kind of meandered into my feet. The lycra controls air movement! After a while kind of hanging there I got bored and flipped back level. After some reflection, this worried me, because I often cruise along with air in my feet to keep them warmer, and I wasn&#8217;t into something that would prevent it! So I tried it, without a problem, if anything it&#8217;s easier to meter how much air goes into the feet.

All the best, James

So about an hour ago I discovered the FUSION and already I am sold. I have some questions though.

I love pockets and would require at least 1 pocket but I dont care for X-shorts so could I sew/glue on pockets to the outer skin?

I am a beginner tech diver and a PSD diver and I see whites had skins available for both. How easy is it to change the skins?

What cost is there for the tech and SAR skins?

Will the amron wrist ring system work with this suit?

Why didn't someone come up with this sooner? ;-) Thanks

I don't think you could attach pockets to the Lycra skin. It's too stretchy.

I don't know about the Amron system, but if it mounts to the seals, it will work. My Viking rings mount to the seals, and worked fine.

DiveJedi will have to answer your other questions.

I'm with James -- I think this suit would be easier to learn dry suit diving in than the ones I have, because of the lack of a big, mobile air bubble.

If your Viking rings work with the fusion why does whites claim their cuff rings will not work, they are very similar. I just want plain rings so I can pull latex type gloves over the cuffs like what all viking suits used to use. its far cheaper to get those latex gloves anyway but I wouldn't even mind a pair of the blue or black si-tech gloves with the rings but really I prefer the simple reliable pull over latex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom