Another Fusion review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana, you and I will just have to differ about the wetsuit/dry suit perceptions. .

We can do that very easily.

I have a few pictures. They're not terribly flattering, but I don't think many women look good in the insulation you need for 46 degree water! You can see the fabric of the bag wrinkling up under the Lycra. You don't feel it, though.

I never worry about the looks, if I'm diving I feel very atractive regardless of what it looks like to observers.
As long as you are comfortable that is all it matters

As long as you are comfortable that is all it matters

That's what I told the guy in the shop, when he wanted me to go look at myself in the mirror. I said, "I don't care what I look like, as long as it WORKS!"

<snip> BUT is not like using a 3mil. It just isn't. I'm counting the days until the water warms up, as soon as we hit 70~72 the drysuit goes to the closet to leave room for the wetone.

Ana, everyone's different. <shrugs> That's why there's so many different suits on the market.

I have to agree with you...my Fusion is NOT like my 3mm custom wetsuit, when it comes to flexibility.

It's better.

I have dove drysuits since 1978. O'Neill, Yokahama, Poseidon, Viking, DUI, yada yada yada. There has been no suit on my body, except my birthday suit or a 1mm, that has been better in mobility than the Fusion.

However, as you so eloquently stated, everyone's different, and I respect that. That's why I've always said to try before you buy.

All the best, James

i tell y'all, i'm intrigued...

As the one who is pictured with both my hands on my shoulder blades, I just have to say -- THIS SUIT ROCKS!

There is really no doubt that both Lynne and I will have them soon.

Anyone want to buy a High Tide Neoprene Dry Suit?

Ana, everyone's different. <shrugs> That's why there's so many different suits on the market.

I have to agree with you...my Fusion is NOT like my 3mm custom wetsuit, when it comes to flexibility.

It's better.

I have dove drysuits since 1978. O'Neill, Yokahama, Poseidon, Viking, DUI, yada yada yada. There has been no suit on my body, except my birthday suit or a 1mm, that has been better in mobility than the Fusion.

However, as you so eloquently stated, everyone's different, and I respect that. That's why I've always said to try before you buy.

All the best, James

James, I have to agree with Ana on this one. I have a new fusion also, and it is still a drysuit, and in no way does it have better flexibility than a 3 mil wetsuit as you and TSandM claim.

Well I happen to be in the market for a new drysuit and came across the fusion. I had never heard of it or anything like it so of course I head to SB to see if anyone else has heard of it. To my surprise it seems to be a hot topic. I must say that you have really peaked my curiosity on this one and it has certainly become much more appealing. Thank you for the great reviews....

Phil

Members of the SB community...it is rather fruitless and bandwidth consuming to disagree about someones personal comparisons on a product. If TSandM has better mobility in her Fusion drysuit than her 3mm than that is based on her experiences..not yours.

In fact, I could give a rats rectum about how it compares to any other suit. She posted a review for others to decide for themselves. If you don't realize that YMMV..then well....argue away.

If TSandM has better mobility in her Fusion drysuit than her 3mm than that is based on her experiences..not yours.

TSandM, from this point on please base your reviews on my experiences instead.

There, problem solved.

Okay, Gombessa, let's do a Vulcan mind meld and get it all straight . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom