Another Drysuit Weight Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeronimoDF

Contributor
Reaction score
Does this sound reasonable?

Setup:
CF200 Suit
Hood
300gram underwear
Rockboots
AL80
Weight:
Freshwater- 24 lbs of lead
Salt-unknown at this point

For all of you guys, how much weight do you use in freshwater???

Your info:

Tank type:
Tank weight (*bouyancy*) when empty:
Suite Type:
Undergarments :

Thanks,
Daniel

The density of fresh water is 62.4 lbs/cu ft. For salt water its 64 lbs/cu ft. To determine how much weight you need in salt water multiply 24 lbs by 64/62.4. Not much difference. It will vary a little with water temp & salinity. Just throw on a few extra lbs & try it.

Sounds right to me. Same weight I use with my CLX-450 and an Al80 tank. Use 22 lbs. with same gear but LP steel 112 tank.

theskull

I was told to add 1 lbs. of weight for every 42 lbs. of body weight. For example, if you weight 210 lbs. add 5 lbs extra if you are diving salt water. Subtract 5 lbs. if you are diving fresh water. First, you have to know your diving weight. Jump in a pool with you exposure suit and a snorkel. Float at eye brow level, have someone hand you weights until you start to sink. Second, if your tank is negitive take take into consideration. Your other dive gear is not that critical. Maybe add a pound if needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom