Another Drysuit thread...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexasigno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hiya and yet again another drysuit post. I've spent the whole weekend researching and trying to find the right drysuit and haven't come to any decision :-(

I finally now know what I should be looking for, I dive in Sydney so if anyone on here is from Sydney and wants to enlighten me that would be great.

I'm after a crushed neoprene, latex sealed drysuit with boots upto around £800. I'm happy to purchase it from anywhere around the world as believe it or not they are much more expensive in Australia, really wishing I bought one in the UK before I moved here :-(

Could anyone make any recommendations?

Many thanks

Alex

Hi,

I dive a Pinnacle Neoprene Evolution in the waters around Wellington, NZ and it cost me NZ$2,000 (£800). A lot of the guys I dived with back in the UK dived Outer Edge (Outer Edge Drysuits), custom made for about £450 and I believe there is an importer who can get them to Austral Asia for about AUS$1400.

Most of the guys around here dive Otter Britanics or DUIs because they swear blind that tri-lams are more flexible. While I would argue that all the under garments they have to wear counteract some of this.

I am not sure how warm the water you will be where you're diving, but during a typical North Island summer my compressed neoprene suit is a bit warm.

Hope this helps

Rupert

Hi Rupert, great many thanks for the link. I didn't realise that I could get a custom suit for anywhere near that price!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom