Another diver injured in Gilboa Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sitdown248:
Yeah, Gilboa is pretty cold. Hopefully, he recovers. Gilboa tries to be as safe as they can, but my favorite diving quote is, "You can minimize the risk, but it's always there"...
And i guess thats partially what conciously or inconciously drive us, it being directly or indirectly..

what i was trained in
plan your dive dive your plan
thats all
i stick to it all the time

Don't know Mike, the owner of Gilboa, I assume however he was the person yelling at a diver who fit the description of one whom carved into his airplane, I also heard him yelling at someone who was "speeding", I heard him yell and complain at a group that had accidently set up camp in the wrong place because they didn't pay for electric. He got Pi$$y with our group when we complained about the cascade machine when it went down and I had to complete my AOW class with 1500 psi....I think the exact comment was "you buy a quarry and run it the way you want" with all of that said he appeared to be 1.) a person who caters to his regulars...of which I am not 2.) a little overstressed and over the top, which brings me to my 2002-2003 conclusion......I've never been back since

Eric,
You are 100% correct. He only caters to his regulars. The only reason he has anyone going to his place is that it has good visibility, deep, and has cool things to see. I got 12 scuba divers this weekend to go to White Star this weekend because he wants $15.00 to dive (thats ok) but than wants another $4.00 per head to drive back to park your car near the dive site. So if you have 3 people in your can it is another $12.00 or you can park in the lot and hump your gear 300 yards. Oh yea don't forget to get to pay for an air fill when you check in, because if you decide later to do another dive and want him to fill your tank it costs more after check in as opposed to buying the air fill at check in....don't get that at all. I also can't understand why people get hurt at Gilboa...after all he approves dive plans???

I guess two months late is better than never?

Attention to all of you arm chair quarterbackers, if you are unhappy, your free to dive elsewhere, remember, your not in charge, and control is an illusion and I'm sitting here wasting my time

Back
Top Bottom