Another computer quandary.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost95

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all, I've been researching computers and thought i narrowed down to a puck pro. But then i read they lock out if you enter deco.

I usually try and stay out of deco but occasionally I get wrapped up with a fish or big lobster and incur a small deco obligation.

My question is...which entry level computers are nitrox compatible, don't lock you out if you enter deco, and are less than our around the $300 mark or less? A mid range algorithm would be nice too.

I've noticed that the manufactures don't advertise the lock out thing. It's always hiding it seems.

Thanks for your insights.

P.s. In my younger days I dive a Skinny Dipper Mk II (that I still have) and a source. That's the extent of my dive computer diving.

used Dive Rite Nitek Duo, Cressi Archimede II, etc if you need one now. If you can hold off, wait for the @Deep Six computer which I'm hoping will be out at DEMA in November....

Hi all, I've been researching computers and thought i narrowed down to a puck pro. But then i read they lock out if you enter deco.

Does it lock you out for going into deco? Or does it just lock you out if you go into deco and don't actually do the stops that it tells you to do?

The latter is what I would expect. The former is not what I would expect.

Does it lock you out for going into deco? Or does it just lock you out if you go into deco and don't actually do the stops that it tells you to do?

The latter is what I would expect. The former is not what I would expect.

a lot of computers lock you out if you go into deco, even if you complete all of the stops... sad but true. I think that's the only way to get a zoop to go into gauge mode

But then i read they lock out if you enter deco.

I don't believe so...
upload_2017-8-29_16-37-44.png

as @tbone1004 said, if you omit stops it will lock out after you surface.....

I quickly scanned the manual, and do not find what you say.....

a lot of computers lock you out if you go into deco, even if you complete all of the stops... sad but true. I think that's the only way to get a zoop to go into gauge mode
Are you suggesting a Zoop will lock out if put into deco? Or just insinuating that?

I usually try and stay out of deco but occasionally I get wrapped up with a fish or big lobster and incur a small deco obligation.

My question is...which entry level computers are nitrox compatible, don't lock you out if you enter deco, and are less than our around the $300 mark or less? A mid range algorithm would be nice too.

I've noticed that the manufactures don't advertise the lock out thing. It's always hiding it seems.

Thanks for your insights.

P.s. In my younger days I dive a Skinny Dipper Mk II (that I still have) and a source. That's the extent of my dive computer diving.
I have a friend with a Puck, it doesn't seem to do that. It can be quite annoying with just one button though.

I don't believe so...
View attachment 424393

as @tbone1004 said, if you omit stops it will lock out after you surface.....

I quickly scanned the manual, and do not find what you say.....

What I understood tbone to say is that it will lock you out even if do NOT omit any stops - just because you went into deco.

The manual you copied seems to suggest it works as I said I would expect - i.e. it will only lock you out if you skip deco stops.

What I understood tbone to say is that it will lock you out even if do NOT omit any stops - just because you went into deco.

The manual you copied seems to suggest it works as I said I would expect - i.e. it will only lock you out if you skip deco stops.

I was wrong, the Suunto will only do it if you "bend it". There are some other recreational computers that would lock you out if you went into deco though, whether you finished it or not which is a bit annoying. The fact that a computer locks you out because you omitted a deco stop is enough for me not to dive it

Back
Top Bottom