Another cobra Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I bought my cobra used. Although it wasn't new, I still love it! Needless to say however, it has someone else's dives recorded on it. I heard there is a way to delete dives off of it by purchasing some kind of software. Does anyone know about this? Has anyone done this? Can you selectively delete dives off it so I don't lose the ones I've done? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure how to selectively remove previous dives from it. I know on my Aeris 500AI when I removed the battery, it reset all previous dive information. Not much help for those dives you've already logged but it may be a way to at least start fresh.

Following are quotes from the Suunto FAQ page:

1. Can I delete dives from the log/history of my Suunto Computer ?

No, individual dives can not be cleared from memory. The memory can be reset by an Authorized Suunto Technician.

2. Can I remove any previous dives from my computer?

No, but you can reset the maximum depth using the SDM and PC interface.

[The second one makes no sense to me........................]

Link to FAQ below:

http://www.suunto.com/pls/suunto/suunto2.pubmainpage.frameset

Best thing I can think of is to download all the dives into the dive manager on your PC - delete the ones that are not yours in the dive manager logbook, then get the memory reset.

Good luck

you can reset the maximum depth to 0 if you use the interface. the best thing to do is to upload off the dives on the cobra to your suunto software on your pc and then you can opt to add all the dives that aren't yours to an ignore list and they will eventually be deleted from your dive computer as you eat up the 36 hours of memory (18 hours if you change the sample time to 10 sec instead of the default 20). I had the same situation with a cobra i bought used and did just what i'm telling you. Also, if you're interested, I made my own interface and am willing to make another one for you for say $45. I did it b/c i can't see paying $150 from my LDS. let me know if you're interested

Back
Top Bottom