Another choose my first reg thread - Deep6 or XTX50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, the original O-ring kept falling out whenever I took the first stage off the tank valve between dives. On the 4th dive of the weekend one of the DM's noticed and gave me a new, slightly smaller o-ring - which came out just now when I took off the DIN-Yoke adapter...I guess I'll just have to be vigilant about making sure to check the o-ring is in place every time I remove the DIN from adapter or tank valve...

You could get a cap for the adapter if you want.

On a two tank boat dive, I usually go directly from the old tank to the new tank though.

OK, time for one more stupid question (even for me): The DIN-Yoke adapter didn't come with the rubber cone that seals it off when not connected to a tank (for, say, between fills on a multi-dive charter). I assume the easiest thing to do is just go get one of those rubber cone things and keep it on the adapter rather than taking the adapter on and off every time to use the DIN cap?

Agree that with individual tanks for each dive, it's a non issue.

This past weekend was a "three tank dive" but everyone just had one tank (and it was byo). The crew would refill all tanks after each dive.

Oh, that reminds me of another question - is there a common way to secure the DIN cap to the first stage? While diving, I would just girth hitch mine to the bungee that held my tank in place on the boat...but might be better to just keep it with the first stage?

Oh, that reminds me of another question - is there a common way to secure the DIN cap to the first stage? While diving, I would just girth hitch mine to the bungee that held my tank in place on the boat...but might be better to just keep it with the first stage?

Just tie it to the first stage.

IMG_3628.JPG

Tie it to the first stage, that's what I used to do.

Last edited:

For din I prefer to keep mine dry. Not as easy as a yoke cap to blow dry.

I dont do any overhead diving but I do love the long hose. When doing OOG drills etc it is such a pleasure to be able to ascend at a nice distance from each other with no "eyeball-toeyeball" moments.

Also, an off-label usage: I almost always dive 2 tanks even for shallow dives (building muscle memory for the tech diving) and its really nice to be able to hand off a long hose to my wife-buddy for long sections of the dive to act as a range-extender. Useful tool as well for when your buddy has a very different SAC rate than you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom