Another Cabo Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bikefox

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sitting in Cabo with a couple of hours to waste before the trip to the airport. I have never seen so much about Cabo on the board all at once, but I decided to post anyway.

Hotel: Marina Fiesta

The hotel was nice and location is unbeatable for anything in the marina. The problem I found is the marina is overpriced and very americanized. I think next time I would stay off the marina and get a little more mexican flavor.

Dive Op: Blue Adventures

A small shop found on the eastside of the marina. Very nice owners and the DM were great!! Everything was a little unorganized at times, but it always worked out so I had no problems with it. Their boat was down for the week so we used water taxis to dive off of. This was a bit of a challenge at times, but again workout fine.

Dives:
I dove three days in Cabo and one day in Cabo Pulmo.

Pelican Rock: A nice dive that starts on a large sand flat and drops off quickly to depths beyond dive limits. We went to 140 ft. to check out the sand falls and multileveled back to about 70 ft. The vis. here was around 60 ft and water temp. was 81. At 140 ft it dropped to 77 degrees. We dove this stop twice and both times saw two spotted eagle rays.

Neptune's Finger:
This dive was to about 90 ft. Again 81 and good vis. Saw lots of fish, eels and we had a Manta swim through our group. Nice dive.

Land's End:
We did this dive everyday I was here and I never complained. It goes through a small cannon were the sealions live. Everyday they would get into the water to play and hunt all around us. On the backside of the cannon is a pinnacle that is covered with fish and eels. A school of about a million sardines blacked out the light at times. We watched as Jacks and Sealions would hunt the sardines. Very cool.

Cabo Pulmo:
This was about a two hour drive from the marina. It was a nice drive as I got to see some remote areas around Baja. The town itself is small but nice. We rented boats from the dive shop there and did two dives. Both were drift dives over numerous coral heads. The vis was about 90 ft and the water temp. 81. The water was as smooth as glass. After the dive we sat down to a great meal of fish or shrimp burritos and a couple of beers. Then back to the shop. It is an all day trip, but well worth it.

Nice trip report! I thought the same thing about the amount of posting going on about Cabo. It seems to be catching on as a dive destination, or the Huricanes are pushing divers this way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom