Another attempt to open the cave under blue hole in Santa Rosa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stella is as great as ever. She had a lot of trouble some months ago when her compressor went down. It caused a lot of problems. She went way out of her way to try to serve her customers through that time, losing money in the process, and got nothing in return but grief from a couple of them.

Why do people feel the need to be "Richard-Craniums". I think it might be a genetic mutation. I know we have a few of these mutants here.

Back to the OP's question, any news on the cave opening?

Did they ever open their expensive new building? Is Stella still operating out of the shack...??
Rumor is that the genius running the project never asked Stella what voltage and amperage her compressor needs, or ignored it if she told him. So the building electrical system can't support her equipment.

---------- Post added March 29th, 2015 at 12:57 AM ----------

The new building has hot showers but not sure what it will be used for I cant seen them using the "ball rooms" they have in it.

It was funded by the Feds. I suspect the budget and capabilities of the contractor played a lot more in the design than any idea of how to use the building. I'm told they occasionally rent it out for big events.

To view the foresight and careful thinking of the city management, let me point you to the $198,000 they paid for the equipment that made up the "Beach Waterpark". You can see it rotting a few hundred yards to the NW of blue hole on goggle maps.

Anyone who is really interested in this can go back many years through the archives of this forum and read the historical events as they unfolded. The story is a real head shaker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom