Annual Thanksgiving Morning Lake Travis Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
It's coming up quick. Thanksgiving that is, :storm: and we started an annual early morning dive, then get home with the family single tank dive at Lake Travis last year.

Thinking it would be best to start planning early this year, the plan is to meet at 8 AM when the park opens, dive a single tank, and get back with the family for the rest of the day.

Last year we met at Bob Wendtz park, this year I am thinking Mansfield dive park.

Any interest, let me know who you are and your inputs or suggestions are always valuable.

SO

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

Hey Shawn, I might be up for it.

Now that's a great idea. I always liked those people that did the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I never can do anything on Thanksgiving morning we are always on the road with one family or another. This year I will be in Lake Charles Louisiana, down on the bayou roasting a pig in the ground. :dork2:

Now that's a great idea. I always liked those people that did the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I never can do anything on Thanksgiving morning we are always on the road with one family or another. This year I will be in Lake Charles Louisiana, down on the bayou roasting a pig in the ground. :dork2:

Say hello to Bessie Girl for me.

I might be able to arrange a TurkeyDay charter if there is enough interest, go to Wreck Alley or one of the walls you don't dive often.

The boat is now fully enclosed to maintain warmth between dives on those cool days. Five gallons of warm water are on board to fill your wetsuit between dives. Hot chocolate service is next on the list.

Send a PM or email me at robert@laketravisscuba.com if you are interested.

Shawn -

I'm in for the second annual. Mansfield is better than the Wentz pond - that was a pretty lame dive last year.

bogrady

Count me in as well. I doubt I could do the boat as I need to get home quickly. Karen and I will be working the UT game and we have to be there by 12:00. That give me enough time for a quick dip at Mansfield before racing back to the house.

Awww.. this is when I wish I hadnt moved up to Dallas. Y'all have fun without me.... :(

Robert, who by the way has the nicest dive boat operation in Central Texas could come join us at Mansfield DAM for our early morning dive plan. We don't have time to use the dive boat offer for the early morning dive. Sorry. We dive and then get to our families for the day.

We are grateful to know that we have the opportunity to dive and it makes for a very good start to our Thanksgiving day festivities. Being Thankful for being able to continue to dive and explore the underwater aquatic environment.

Mansfield Dam Dive Park is the location, unless John can make it, and show us his hidden grotto on the other side of the park.

So far, divers look familiar from last years divers that showed up. And yes the dive last year was boring, flatlands of mud and silt in cold water. I did learn not to dive the boat ramp again. But I enjoyed blowing bubbles and getting a dive in. And was grateful some of our local divers showed up to join me. We did surprise the park ranger for being at the gate anxiously wanting to get to the water.

SO

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

As usual, I'll be with my family out in College Station. Ya'll have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom