Announcing my book, Yoga for Scuba Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingyogini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I'd like to announce my new book I co-wrote with my PADI Instructor husband. Here is the description and information. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it. Thanks!

Yoga for Scuba Divers teaches you poses, breathing exercises, visualization techniques, and yoga lifestyle principles that combine to make you a better diver. By practicing the yoga poses in this book you can: improve your balance and stability, build core strength to protect your back when carrying tanks and weights, build abdominal control to fine-tune your buoyancy, strengthen your legs for those fun walks down to the water in full gear, and develop powerful muscles that improve your finning. The breathing exercises will teach you to breathe steadily during physical exertion, which will keep you calm and rational under water. The visualization techniques will help you prepare mentally for dive challenges. You will also learn yoga principles, such as non-violence, and how they apply to scuba divers. All of the poses in Yoga for Scuba Divers are practiced on land, not in the water

Todd Stedl is a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and holds a doctorate in chemistry. Kimberlee Jensen Stedl is a member of the American Council on Exercise Continuing Education Faculty, and is a Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. Together they have been diving and practicing yoga since they met in 2002.

View sample pages: http://8thelementyoga.com/books/yoga_scuba.php

Order online: http://www.lulu.com/content/355207

AMAZING! Wishing you the best with your project. Love Yoga and it certainly applies to diving. We will check it out! Congrats!

When should we expect the DVD?? :D

I wish I could say soon, but producing a book is a fraction of the cost of producing a DVD. It's on our to-do list, but I don't have a time frame yet.

Thanks for your well wishes! The book has exceeded our (and the industry standard) expectations for self-publishing.

Cheers, Kimberlee

When I click on your site I get a virus alert?

Shoot! I've had my site hacked in the past (don't know if it's my web host's fault or someone hijacking and ftp session). Thanks for the tip. Periodically I just have to go in and blast away all the files and republish. Am doing that as we speak so it should be fixed later on today.

Shoot! I've had my site hacked in the past (don't know if it's my web host's fault or someone hijacking and ftp session). Thanks for the tip. Periodically I just have to go in and blast away all the files and republish. Am doing that as we speak so it should be fixed later on today.

You can ask your host about the possibility of using sFTP (Secure FTP) if it is a recurring problem (shouldn't be). Also, keep up with the authors of any scripts on your site, and update them regularly. Often security vulnerabilities are found and fixed, but the fix not implemented because their scripts have a out of site out of mind quality. Ah, and good passwords: https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

Back
Top Bottom