ANILAO Dive Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Thursday, 9 February 2006, a group of us including two Korean owned resorts (Middle of Summer and Mariko), two japanese resorts (Maharlika and Sunbeam) and two Filipino resorts (Solana and Aquareef) was able to deploy three sinkers. Two in the Dari Laut and one in Layag Layag.

It took us three hours because the divers had to also be the ones to carry the 450 lb. sinkers to the shore where the Mabini Bantay Dagat boat could pull it to the site. Strong winds and hungry stomachs took the toll on both divers and boats.

Lunch for the 30 or more volunteers was served in Solana with matching photo op.

11th of February, there was a little ceremony for the first CRM board project which was the bouy deployment and there was also some eye opening discussions between the fishermen and the divers.

We found out that two areas where we plan to put up the bouys are traditional areas for the fishermen. Mapating and Larry's garden. They requested that these two areas be spared from bouys being placed because the drift nets that catch tuna and spanish mackarel get tangled up with the bouys. So it was agreed that a representative of the fisher folk accompany the diving volunteers when the sinkers are placed to see if this would affect their fishing grounds.

Lesson learned? Coordination with LGU is a must even if the projects seem to be very good from our point of view, it might be affecting other people which we do not know. There is such a word as compromise.

On Thursday 16 February, there is another scheduled sinker deployment and those who wish to volunteer are welcome. Lunch is free for the local dive guides helping out but volunteers from ,may I request that you bring food enough for at least three of the guides.

Got word again from the Municipality of Tingloy that Barangay Maricaban has agreed to watch over the buoys to be installed in specific areas around Sombrero, Caban and Maricaban.

solanabezo:
Got word again from the Municipality of Tingloy that Barangay Maricaban has agreed to watch over the buoys to be installed in specific areas around Sombrero, Caban and Maricaban.

hmmmmm i hope they do something at night when no one is WATCHING, that is when the buoys get cut......

BUt at least there is some effort on their part.

AND AGAIN, Thank you for the coordination with them.

ishbaby:
So master matthew? when's the next dive marathon?? im itchin' to go to Panny's!! this sunday gooooood??? HEHE.

Ha? But they're planning to do Bauan next, di ba? Thats a long, expensive boat ride to Pany's.:wink: Better to dive it from aqua v. Or maybe we can do Pany's during DOR IV. And I'm no master, just a pasaway diver.:D

Is anyone going to be in Anilao tomorrow? I may be able to go dive. How many times have I tried to get there, once, twice? I'm crossing my fingers and toes. It'll be a one day affair for me. I may have to work on Monday so I need Sunday to get all the nitrogen out of my system before then :)

jj_freelord:
Is anyone going to be in Anilao tomorrow? I may be able to go dive. How many times have I tried to get there, once, twice? I'm crossing my fingers and toes. It'll be a one day affair for me. I may have to work on Monday so I need Sunday to get all the nitrogen out of my system before then :)

try asking matthew, ish you might be intrested in the bauan area din. relaxed dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom