anemones at Alki Cove 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have not hit many spots while I've been up here, but of the three places I have dove, Alki Coves, Mukalteo, and bridgestone ridge(i think that was it), the population density of anemones in Alki were by far larger then other locations. Is this a characteristic of Alki? or have I just not hit the right spots yet? I guess, would you consider the populations to be one of the denser colonies in the area?

There are areas at Edmonds that are even more lush (Tubehenge), but Titlow Marine Park, where we dove Saturday, takes the prize for the most amazing anemones I've seen yet -- Essentially a massive wall of them covers the dock pilings. Incredibly beautiful!

As for anemones ... Puget Sound is famous for 'em. Some of the more spectacular sites are the current-intensive ones. Lynne already mentioned Titlow. Another is Keystone Jetty. But the most spectactular local spot is the Edmonds oil dock ... that place is just loaded with 'em.

Getting back to Cove 2 ... it wasn't anemones I was looking at tonight ... here's my prize shot of the evening ... taken at about 98 fsw.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

octo_mama.jpg

Yeah, that's a cool shot. So the more current intensive sites have larger colonies? interesting..... that changes my line of thinking.... thanks. I'm going to have to go out and look at these. So weekend trips to Titlow, Edmunds oil dock and keystone jetty... Thanks

Titlow and Keystone are great dives for other critters, too! Just watch the currents in both places.

Bob, you have the most incredible octopus luck . . .

Excellent shot, Bob! I got a shot like that and one other animal, that I am not quite sure of the Genus or species, maybe someone can help.....?

Marc

Blitz:
Excellent shot, Bob! I got a shot like that and one other animal, that I am not quite sure of the Genus or species, maybe someone can help.....?

Marc
Hey ... nice shot of the Bob-fish ... and the octo.

I'd like to see the rest of your shots ... it was an awesome dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That is a great shot Bob! Im glad your bringing your camera down!

Back
Top Bottom