Andy's Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5615mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What do any of you know about Andy's Dry Suits? Thanks in advance.

Well... let's see.

I know that I like both of mine.

I like my lightweight (ultra) suit with the across the chest zipper (D3) that I just had KME put a neoprene neck seal on (and I really like that!) It has a Sitek exhaust valve located on the forearm. I like that very much.

I like my heavier weight (extreme) suit with the around the shoulders zipper (D2) that I bought used as a backup. It has the Sitek exhaust valve located on the shoulder near the tricep and I like that too.

One feature I really like about Andy's suits is the panel that goes from ankle to ankle via the crotch and a similar panel that goes from waist to wrist via the arm pit. This eliminates binding when raising the arms up and over the head (or back to reach tank valves) and when extending your legs out to the side frog kicking.

Both of my suits have Diving Concepts dryglove rings on them. I like that too.

BTW: Mike I'm not just saying that I like them because I already have Andy's drysuits... in other words I'm not just trying to defend my purchase. :D

I have had a *few* other brands of suit, both vulcanized, trilam/bilam and crushed neoprene. I prefer diving the Andy's with one exception: when diving in an area or conditions where a tough suit = safety. Then it is CF200 time.

ah ha.........thanks Pug. Thinking about ordering one myself but don't know and have not heard much about them. Instructor likes his...in fact, his whole posse has them..........there black and green.

Back
Top Bottom