Andrea Doria Expedition July 28-31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richie Kohler

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am leading a technical dive charter to the Andrea Doria July 28-31 aboard the John Jack out of Montauk Pt NY. Open only to Trimix certified OC or CCR divers, drop me a PM if your intersested.

This post was emailed to me earlier today. It sounds like an amazing opportunity. Unfortunately, my timetable tells me this is two or three years of training and experience beyond my reach.

Do you anticipate offering this trip to the public on an annual basis?

This post was emailed to me earlier today. It sounds like an amazing opportunity. Unfortunately, my timetable tells me this is two or three years of training and experience beyond my reach.

Do you anticipate offering this trip to the public on an annual basis?

Grounded,
You are most certainly the best judge of your own ability and comfort level, and certified never means qualified! I have seen days on the Doria, (although rare) when there was 100ft viz and zero current, and other times when I would rather be having root canal then be out there.

I am planning other deep wreck expeditions in 09, but will not rule out another trip to the Doria in the future. Stay in touch...
Safe diving!

Grounded
We never stop learning but in the meantime there is a recreational Andrea Doria off New Zealand the "Lermontov" you can read more about it here MIKHAIL LERMONTOV - The New Zealand Maritime Record - NZNMM Richie wrote an article about our group trip in Wreck Diving Magazine issue 11, it was an awesome trip. If you don't subscribe to WD mag you still can get back issues it is a great magazine Welcome to Wreck Diving Magazine Online

looks like a return trip for March 2009 with Richie is in the works as we speak, I don't have all the details ready to post but just a thought, it is recreational dive 55-120' to sand, 600' fully intact Russian Oceanliner, need I say more..........

have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me

Back
Top Bottom