Analyzing tanks for CO?

What percentage of the time do you analyze you tanks for CO?

• 100% (or close I realize no one is perfect)

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • 75-99%

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • 50-74%

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 25-49%

• 1-24%

• never

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twice out of... ?

2/2?

2/100?

2/1000?

About a hundred. Didn't keep count. But often enough that I feel it's worth doing. It was never really, really, bad, 4 or 5 ppm if I recall correctly. I might have gotten a headache from it on a 80 ft. dive, and probably blamed me being tired, a lack of hydration, too much sun, or something like that for it. I rather asked for different tanks instead.

Seriously, what is your life worth to you?.. Not to mention your family and friends?

Personally, I don't care if I know the shop / fill station, etc. They can have the best practices and procedures; yet something still could go wrong.. (vehicle exhaust gas, etc) In that rare case, you might be the 'beta' tester.. It is YOUR responsibility to know what you are breathing..

I'm not trying to be a fear-mongerer.. The chances are low that you'll ever experience CO issues.. I just think it is a small (smart) price to pay to get your own analyzer..

Almost never but I think it is important. I have been looking at the dual gas analizers.

I am comfortable with my LDS not as confident when I travel to remote areas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom