Analox EIICO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are four main types of CO sensors. Only one has no false positives and I'm betting that it isn't the one Analox uses. My response was to Patti and it was from an electronic/electrochemical standpoint, not the simple steps the user follows to get the numbers to match. Analox has to work hard to shield the user from the pitfalls of CO sensing. I have formal degrees in both chemistry and electrical engineering and worked in analytical chemistry and voltammetry so I am slightly better than "absolutely no knowledge". I really hesitate to share this, but you asked.

I still question if they could afford to design for zero false positives, don't know, so I called it a guess. Please reread Patti's generous explanation and you will see why it is being discontinued. It is rare that one gets such an honest answer from industry.
Ok, so I'm wrong again. Thanks for providing background for what sounded like uneducated remarks. Technological discussions aside, the unit is very dependable in the field and easy to use.

... Thanks for providing background for what sounded like uneducated remarks.

I sometimes forget that people other than the person that I am posting to read this stuff. :blush:

... Technological discussions aside, the unit is very dependable in the field and easy to use.

Yeah, and as usual, a valid business decision killed it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom