An evolution in diving style - beyond BP/W, ultralight sidemount rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from 2 dives off the Giant Stride. That's a nice dive boat. Shaker Plant had lots to see and relatively good viz.

There's also easy shore entry from Windy Point Public, gentle sloping beach, parking by the water. Even folks in back mounted doubles could easily walk in. :D There's still plenty of Lake.

Last edited:
well, after checking the weather for tomorrow doesn't look like I'm going anywhere.

Hey fixxer,

Any plans for next week?

Thats the weekend before I leave for Florida, if conditions are good I may go to CSSP but no solid plans at this time.

the weight system is designed more those who use sidemount every where they go your not going to get by with 3lb in oronogo unless you freeze to death most of use don't need any weight in FL cave I would like to see your gear let me know next time your at CSSP

I tried taking a drill to the 3lbs lead weights to shave some weight, it didn't work out too well because I went at it pretty aggresive and the lead just melted to the bit, bit is ruined.

I apologize now if this has already been answered. I didn't even open this thread until it reached 6 pages. I am now reading page 3. Sorry guys.

Fixxer,
Go to wal-mart and buy and a shallow plastic tub for $3. Place a block of wood in the tub (used as a drill backing). Place the lead weight in the tub, resting it on the wood block. Fill the tub with water to a depth of 1/2" above the lead weight. . . . .. Drill away. Instant water cooling for any heat that builds up.

Back
Top Bottom