An evolution in diving style - beyond BP/W, ultralight sidemount rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a weight system designed for the Nomad should be out of production this week I'll post a pic also on LP with a little ajusting you switch the infator with the dump and add a pull dump from over the shoulder then the inflator comes from below and is easy to hook up. down fall you can dump from the inflator just the pull dump over your shoulder.

I have a weight system designed for the Nomad should be out of production this week I'll post a pic also on LP with a little ajusting you switch the infator with the dump and add a pull dump from over the shoulder then the inflator comes from below and is easy to hook up. down fall you can dump from the inflator just the pull dump over your shoulder.

Weight system? would this be for like integrated weighting for single tank or something?

I've dove a rig that was swapped around like that, I didn't care for it but plenty of people dive it that way, I think Ed out of cave advenures does it that way too.

So, when ya'll travel, does your BC look like this?

3lbs and I could easily make it 2lbs if I needed to, this includes the bag weight.

IMG_1291.jpg

What do you have in there?

What do you have in there?

A complete BC setup for diving doubles or a single, add tank(s) regs and fins and your diving. I'm going to redo it and make it about 2lbs total. The way I made this one was starting with card board to create a template, the final from metal left a lot of room for improvement and I can swap certain things like the SS buckle for Derlin etc to shave weight

Lets see...
Stainless Steel backplate, harness and wing.
total weight 14 lbs.
Being able to reduce it to 3lbs--- Priceless..

A complete BC setup for diving doubles or a single, add tank(s) regs and fins and your diving. I'm going to redo it and make it about 2lbs total. The way I made this one was starting with card board to create a template, the final from metal left a lot of room for improvement and I can swap certain things like the SS buckle for Derlin etc to shave weight

So far I am planning Sunday, one available for trying out, first come first served.

Please let me know next time you head to Travis... I'd really like to check this out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom