Amphibian fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup...they work as advertised but they have some issues. Be careful when wading in or out while on shore dives as they do make for a lot of resistance when flipped up against your shins and I have nearly ended up on my nose a couple of times. I have adopted a sideways kind of shuffle when in shin deep water and I take my time. They lock easily, usually on the first kick and they haven't some unlocked on me yet. They are great for cruising around the beach and you get to put on your fins before you put a load on your back. You also get to take off your load while wearing the fins as well with no tricky balancing issues. Quite tricky going up ladders though...I think I will be taking them off before I attempt a boat ladder again. Quite easy to unlock....just pull on the tip as if you are releasing a cramp and pull. When shore diving just stand up on the bottom and take a step and wait a sec..they quickly rest up against your shins. I guess my only real issue with them is they don't seem very durable. I have only 10 dives on them and they are rather beat up and some of the plastic bits on the foot pocket have broken off. As well, both blades have kink marks (from the down kick) across them and they have a bit more droop and flex because of that. I'm not sure how much time I am going to get out of them.

You will get plenty of time with a lifetime warranty :wink: Omega is very good with their warranty. The stress marks can happen, could be a bad batch of plastic, but it wont hurt anything

I am just one of those people that doesn't pay much attention to the warranty thing...thanx for reminding me. :wink: I am going to keep using them though...they certainly have their advantages.

I own and dive these fins, and they work well. I just had ankle surgery in Jan '08 and I have limited mobility from 30 years as a wrench. They worked best for me in getting on and off boats. Shore entries were a bit problematic as they have a LOT of drag as you slog through the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom