American is giving me 11 minutes to connect in DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, OK. In normal times that might be a cause for protest, but these are not normal times.
I'm cynic enough to think that corporations love to take advantage of that as long as they can justify, while they lay off thousands. Free money in the corporate worlds.

I'm cynic enough to think that corporations love to take advantage of that as long as they can justify, while they lay off thousands. Free money in the corporate worlds.
Well, of course, but in this case it's a bit more understandable.

While taking billions of dollars in free government handouts...

Yep, that's for the big guys that don't need it.
Oh they do because they blew their savings on stock buybacks.

How long is American taking to honor valid refund requests? They told me to check back after 24 hours, but after a week it's still pending on a different trip.
And the answer is Eight Days, or so it is for my request. Or maybe it's One Day after complaining to customer service about them not working my request.

Well, I got an email saying my refund is complete. It hasn't shown up at my bank yet but they warn that it could take another week to show, unlike charges that go thru at the speed of light.

Well, I got an email saying my refund is complete. It hasn't shown up at my bank yet but they warn that it could take another week to show, unlike charges that go thru at the speed of light.
And that surprises you? They have major infrastructure in place to handle incoming funds, but the ratio of that money to refunds going out is, under normal circumstances, huge, and these are not normal circumstances. I guess I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I really don't see what the problem is if an airline takes eight days to process a refund request.

As far as what the bank is telling you, that is, IMO, just to give them the time to get the funds into your account without you hounding them about it. Again, unless that extra week, if it indeed takes that long (and I have my doubts that it will) is holding you back from doing something with those funds that is time sensitive, I do not see what the problem is.

Ok, I made the call this evening, followed the computer prompts, waited almost an hour for them to call me back, and got a friendly agent who seemed very agreeable to doing whatever I wanted on whatever days I wanted. Actually he seemed exhausted so I tried to take it easy on him. When I play this game, I use a mixture of pretending to know what I'm doing and I'm clueless and in need of help, and that's probably not far from the truth.

He said he could not change my airports from Cozumel to Cancun tho! I politely objected that they don't have same-day itineraries from CZM to LBB, but they do from CUN, and I really thought that they could make the change. I know at times in the last 19 years that some airlines have done it anyway as well as done it to me, Continental for one when I was escaping Hurrican Dean - gawd I miss that airline, but anyway - he couldn't, but he could ask for permission. Okee dokee, I'll hold. So I booked these flights illustrated below okay, and there was not even a hint of charging me more than the $286 I currently have in the ticket. I did opt for the 1½ hour connection in DFW which is foolhardy perhaps, but I'm going to try as I would hate to sit out that 4¼ hour layover for the later flight. If I miss my connection, then I'll try for the later plane. It'd be great to get back to Lubbock before 6 pm instead of my usual midnight arrival followed by my long drive home.

I do hope that there is an 8 am ferry departure that morning as I'll need that and a 9 am private van to make a 10:10 am check-in. The current ferry schedule shows a change to a 9 am departure being the earliest which would ruin this plan, but the whole industry is in chaos so who knows what's next. Now to email my trip insurance company.

upload_2020-7-14_21-45-59.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom