American is giving me 11 minutes to connect in DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
That sounds kinda tight, doesn't it? That includes clearing Immigration and Customs. I hope I don't have to change terminals.

It seems that the 3:52 pm departure from CZM to DFW has been pushed back to 4:11 pm for all of us who have to go thru there. That plane still arrives in CZM at about the same time of 3:13 pm, but they insist that they now need longer to turn it around - a margarita break? Then the 9:00 pm departure to Lubbock just doesn't anymore. The last flight to the Hub City is now at 7:16 pm, and they expect me to be on it. I checked their site and all DFW to Lubbock one-way tickets are also priced at $876! For that price, I'd expect round-trip travel to Europe, but that'd be a same day trip since they wouldn't let me in.

upload_2020-7-5_10-8-54.png

Well, at the worst I suppose I could use this as grounds for a cash refund on my ticket if I chicken out on going. I still hope to go even tho I fear riding in the flying Petri dishes, so for now I think I need to shop for a DFW hotel. Thinks I can get them to pay for it?

That sounds kinda tight, doesn't it? That includes clearing Immigration and Customs. I hope I don't have to change terminals.

It seems that the 3:52 pm departure from CZM to DFW has been pushed back to 4:11 pm for all of us who have to go thru there. That plane still arrives in CZM at about the same time of 3:13 pm, but they insist that they now need longer to turn it around - a margarita break? Then the 9:00 pm departure to Lubbock just doesn't anymore. The last flight to the Hub City is now at 7:16 pm, and they expect me to be on it. I checked their site and all DFW to Lubbock one-way tickets are also priced at $876! For that price, I'd expect round-trip travel to Europe, but that'd be a same day trip since they wouldn't let me in.

View attachment 596205

Well, at the worst I suppose I could use this as grounds for a cash refund on my ticket if I chicken out on going. I still hope to go even tho I fear riding in the flying Petri dishes, so for now I think I need to shop for a DFW hotel. Thinks I can get them to pay for it?
They wouldn't pay for ours a month ago when they changed us from a 1 1/2 hr layover to a 15 hour layover. Good luck with 11 minutes and customs and immigration. You won't even have time for the walk.

You might look for a different return date. They would probably eat the price difference if there is one. Just went through something similar with United when they cancelled my IAH to CZM departure leg. Plus another day or two of diving wouldn't be too bad. Us retirees have to take advantage of our advantages. :)

That is not a tight connection. That is an impossible connection under the circumstances you outlined. Call AA and work out a different flight pairing. It should be obvious to any AA reservation agent that they have set you up with ridiculous situation.

Edit: I am a retired AA pilot, and I would not accept that pairing under any circumstance. You will not make the connection.

NFW.
That is not even a legal connection, and AA cannot sell you a ticket like that. Something is wrong.
The legal connection time for AA at DFW is 40 minutes, and that is probably not enough.

Don,

Did they notify you about the change? Our connection in DFW going to CZM was changed from two hours to more than six hours. The only reason I knew was when I checked. No email notification from AA that my reservations had been changed!

Jim

My connection from last month was even better. Just call and get a different flight, they will switch it free.

czm-to-aus-6-21.jpg

You might look for a different return date.
None available at this time American has one flight a day CZM to DFW and it's the one illustrated that arrives at 7:05 pm if things go as planned, and they have dropped on of their DFW to LBB flights so the latest is also the one illustrated - every day. I tried leaving out of Amarillo which is not too far further for me to drive, but no airline can do that either without an overnight. The closest airport I could find that would work is Abilene 178 miles away. We did that once when there were four of us traveling to Las Vegas once to save the family group enough to seem worthwhile, but I don't find it appealing for just myself. Besides, getting back at 10 pm before driving home to have me looking for a hotel anyway at that time of night.

Did they notify you about the change?
They did, at least.

On the bright side the flight is operated by Mesa so there is a good chance for a mechanical delay.
It never works that way when you want it to.

None available at this time American has one flight a day CZM to DFW and it's the one illustrated that arrives at 7:05 pm if things go as planned, and they have dropped on of their DFW to LBB flights so the latest is also the one illustrated - every day. I tried leaving out of Amarillo which is not too far further for me to drive, but no airline can do that either without an overnight. The closest airport I could find that would work is Abilene 178 miles away. We did that once when there were four of us traveling to Las Vegas once to save the family group enough to seem worthwhile, but I don't find it appealing for just myself. Besides, getting back at 10 pm before driving home to have me looking for a hotel anyway at that time of night.

They did, at least.

It never works that way when you want it to.
Seriously the 19 minutes difference makes little difference in the connect time. The original 30 minutes was probably not enough time for a transfer anyway. I would plan on a stay overnight in DFW and book a room in advance while you have pricing options. Since May AA has deleted the morning and evening banks out of DFW. Starting Tuesday some of these flights will be restored but by no means all. By October 1st the level of flying is hoped to be restored to a level that only 30% of management and probably 20-25% of non management staffing levels will need to be shed from the pre-crisis levels. Management started getting their notifications last week. It will be years before the airline flight schedules fully return to pre-crisis schedules.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom