American History X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
How do you define a "US Territory?" In the Constitution, the only thing I can find that comes close to defining a territory is "The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to prejudice any claims of the United States, or of any particular state." (Article IV if you're looking) That implies that a territory is literally "territory." Territory is any tract of land; region or district. If congress has defined it differently, please let me know.
Your definition would classify states as territories. Clearly that can't be correct, at least not for purposes of the exam.

I'm certain that Washington, D.C. would be marked as an incorrect response on the posted citizenship exam. A good citizen knows that intuitively.

Back
Top Bottom