American Airlines to the Carribean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
HAs anyone been on an AA flight Carribean lately? My fiance and I are heading south for a week on Bonaire and a week on Curacao for out hoenymoon in June and will be flying AA. I read their lugage restriction, but they don't seem to be as terrible as others out there when it comes to dive gear, is this the case?

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
HAs anyone been on an AA flight Carribean lately? My fiance and I are heading south for a week on Bonaire and a week on Curacao for out hoenymoon in June and will be flying AA. I read their lugage restriction, but they don't seem to be as terrible as others out there when it comes to dive gear, is this the case?
on AA and didn't have any problems whatsoever with dive gear...no extra charges and no weirdness.

We flew on American from Denver to Costa Rica and then Peuerto Rico back to Denver. We checked two bags each and kept the weight of each to just undre 50 pounds (just to make sure we would not get charged and overweight charge). The checked bags had our fins, BCs, snorkels and mis stuff (plus all the other clothes we needed for a cruise and play time). Our carry-ons had the regs, masks, cameras, swim suit, toiletries, and clothes for one day.

We had not problems anywhere. Other than the trouble of lugging around 4 50 pound bags along with two carry-ons each. We did zip ties on everything and nothing was ever opened for an inspection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom