American Airline and Delta Start service 5 June 2021 to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought my American Airlines Seattle to Bonaire tickets back in March for this August. Paid less than half the typical going rate.
I looked at the cost of the tickets I bought in January, Each ticket is triple what I paid.

Once travel open up we will still be left with the ever present problem of airfares to BON are way too high Two examples this week looking at BON fares. AA flights MIA to BON 2x that of AA flight MIA to CUR. Same in the NYC area but BON flights 3x times higher than flights to CUR.

Supply and demand. Only 2 of 3 airlines flying, and lots of pent-up demand. Prices are high in June and July...begin falling in Aug, go back up in Sept when Delta stops Weds flights.

Supply and demand. Only 2 of 3 airlines flying, and lots of pent-up demand. Prices are high in June and July...begin falling in Aug, go back up in Sept when Delta stops Weds flights.
Unreasonably high prices to Bon has been a problem for a decade now.

ATL -> BON is $431 rt basic economy, $560 if you want to choose your seat on 8/11 to 8/18.

It’s what made me look at Curaçao
Same here. This is why we have been to CUR the past four years but not to BON since '16. Our trip to BON scheduled for '20 had airfare costing us $1k per. The BON trip re-scheduled for '22 looking equally expensive and will likely be our last trip to BON for a while for this reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom