Ambon or S Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divv

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all.
I am planning a dive trip for April/May 2008. I will be joining a group of divers on a liveaboard to Raja Ampat - YAY! - but because the flights from South Africa are pretty pricey, I want to extend my trip by another week or so.
I am looking at various options not TOO far away (read: fairly cheap to get to), and think my best options are Ambon (Lion Air flies there from Sorong) or Southern Leyte in Philippines (since with Cebu Pacific flights to Manila from Sing are ridiculously cheap!).
S Leyte gives the potential of whalesharks, which would be great, but since one can never guarantee these things, I want the great diving too.
Anyone who can make a suggestion?
And forgive me for posting this in more than one forum, but I'm not sure if the PPD/Indonesia forumites read each others threads a lot...
Thanks!

You might want to put this on the Indonesia thread as well. I have not dove on Leyte, and from what I understand the Whale sharks are the highlight if there. Depeding upon what time of year, Ambon is 'excellent diving' from what my sources tell me, We dove the Bandas years ago, and that entire area is very remote and untouched. Try contacting Maluku Divers, Ambon Dive Centre or
Malukudivers Tauchen in Maluku .The season will dictate the diving there.

Hi tboxcar, I tried posting it on Indonesia by the mods removed it because it was a duplicate... but thanks! I have been in contact with Maluku, so if I go to Ambon I will stay there..
divv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom