Ambon Indonesia with the GH5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stphnmartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Stopped in Ambon last October for a few days of diving after a LOB trip in the. Banda Sea. If you haven't dived Ambon it's well worth the stop as the macro life is wonderful and abundant. This was my second time visiting and diving with Critterjunkies. Here's the video of the underwater experience. Comments and critiques welcomed.

Good stuff! How do you stablisze macro shots so well? Before post?
I am guessing you do zoom and stabilize in post as well?
P

Good stuff! How do you stablisze macro shots so well? Before post?
I am guessing you do zoom and stabilize in post as well?
P

Thank Pearlman. I use a tripod for macro video. There is no other way to get stable footage because the subjects are so small and the lens magnification so great. Yes, the zooming is done in post. The stabilization comes from using a tripod. If the footage is shakey, I hit delete!

Thank Pearlman. I use a tripod for macro video. There is no other way to get stable footage because the subjects are so small and the lens magnification so great. Yes, the zooming is done in post. The stabilization comes from using a tripod. If the footage is shakey, I hit delete!
Which tripod do you recommend. I have not even research ed any.

I have a GH5 setup and I use the tripod ball mounts with the xit404 tripod legs. It's hit to the wallet but stable.

Tripod 20P Leg w/Twist Clamp Kit (1 leg) 20% Lighter
Mounting Ball Set for Tripod Legs ~for NA-GH5/G9

Prior to this I used an Ultra Light Control Systems tripod:
Ultralight Underwater Tripod
yeah that is $$$. I think I would prefer some version of direct mount legs to a tripod like the first link. My flexitray does not have the mounts like in the last link so it must be an older version.

Love your videos. What lenses/diopters did you use?

Thanks CWK. For this video I mainly used the 60mm. On a couple dives I used the 12-50mm. I have the CMC-1 mounted on the lens port, but I don't recall using it for the footage in the video.

Reactions: CWK
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom