Trip Report Diving the Dampier Strait in Raja Ampat, Indonesia in November 2022 - 4K HDR Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeduliLindungi app was the first thing that they checked upon our arrival to Jakarta (from Tokyo). For local flights they have not checked it for us.
And I assume your app showed everything was OK or whatever the correct status is? I'm having an issue that says the dates don't match even though on my app and on what I uploaded they do match exactly. The online chat support basically said wait 3-5 working days, so I'll wait until next week. thx

UPDATE from 21DEC. The app let me reenter all three vaccines and corresponding images of the CDC card and this time it was APPROVED. I believe my initial error was not using unique photos for each CDC card. I upload one file with two CDC cards and my guess is that caused the confusion. But all good now.

And I assume your app showed everything was OK or whatever the correct status is? I'm having an issue that says the dates don't match even though on my app and on what I uploaded they do match exactly. The online chat support basically said wait 3-5 working days, so I'll wait until next week. thx
I don’t remember having any issue with this app.

After almost three years, we were back to Raja Ampat, Indonesia, diving the Dampier Strait. After a 10-day scuba diving trip from Ambon through the Banda Sea, Seram Sea and the Misool, we disembarked in Waisai, where we stayed at Meridian Adventure Scuba Dive Resort for six days in November 2022. From the resort we had an opportunity to dive the Dampier Strait, which never disappoints. Please see it by yourself:
My wife and I are going To Raja Ampat Dampier Straight in March 2023 Staying at Papua Explorers Eco Resort.
Did you have any problems getting in the country with your camera gear? I hear stories of having to pay taxes on your gear to get it into the country.
Also did you have any trouble in Jakarta getting a taxi to hotel? (if you had to stay overnight in Jakarta)

I flew into Jakarta Dec 2021 and no issues at all with camera gear or Taxi’s, enjoy Papua Explorers -great team and location

My wife and I are going To Raja Ampat Dampier Straight in March 2023 Staying at Papua Explorers Eco Resort.
Did you have any problems getting in the country with your camera gear? I hear stories of having to pay taxes on your gear to get it into the country.
Also did you have any trouble in Jakarta getting a taxi to hotel? (if you had to stay overnight in Jakarta)
I’ve never experienced, never heard and never read about a problem with getting camera gear in Indonesia. This a typical problem in Mexico’s Cabo San Lucas.

I’ve never experienced, never heard and never read about getting camera gear in Indonesia. This a typical problem in Mexico’s Cabo San Lucas.
Also, regarding taxi, I always trying to stay overnight at FM7 hotels. They have a free shuttle. Once we stayed some 6 hr at the airport hotel (terminal 2), to catch up with some sleep. It is very basic. I would recommend FM7, even for a half day.

Lovely video thank you for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom