Ambergris dives ops 3-tank dive trips ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dived the Blue Hole many times, though probably not as much as Bubba 'cause I haven't been here as long. I've done the "standard" quasi-recreational dive, I've dived to the air limit, and I've been near or to the bottom. IMO (and this is very personal) the "recreational" dive is too short to be of any great interest to me. It has to be short given the equipment and training of the people diving, but I find it frustrating. I also quite often see seriously unsuitable people down there, as evidenced by the rapidity with which they exhaust their tanks. Yet many of the people who do go say they love it, and I wouldn't want to deprive them.

On the question of CC vs. AC, remember that most diving from CC is not off that caye, but boats either travel north to the sites frequented by the San Pedro boats, or go south to the myriad of small cayes near the reef that I have yet to dive. "Diving CC" doesn't really mean what you might think.

Ok..I have to ask. Does any dive op have a tec option that would allow longer bottom times?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom