Ambergris Dive Op: Looking for Maximum bottom time for experienced divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hired Muscle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know everyone has their favorite operators, but we have gotten some great recommendations on SB. We do not get to travel very often so the cost per dive is a secondary concern.

We will be on the Caye for a week in late July.

Amigos del Mar lets me dive my air for the most part. They still have a schedule to keep though. If cost is no question, getting an op to rent you dedicated boat, captain and dm should take care of that.

The wind has been howling in Belize for almost two months. Some days local boats weren't going out due to small craft warnings. Amigos big day trip boats still went out most everyday. These require you to be at the dock very early in the morning. Travel time is a bit long but you get continental breakfast on board, nice lunch, 3 excellent dives and a couple of fruitpunch drinks on the way back to shore (should you be so inclined).

My wish for you, is that the wind will have abated somewhat before your arrival. Don't want it completely gone because it is very nice to have a breeze to keep the skeeters down and so too the overall heat. Lovely to have a little breeze to help cool a person down a bit.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope things calm down before next month. If I don't get in a good week of diving, I may have to get on antidepressants and start seeing a shrink. Wish me luck.

Most diving off ambergris caye is ndc limited, not air limited. Occasionally a dive gets shortened by newbies, but rarely. The dives are drift dives and are guided. Rarely is a dive less than 45 or greater than 60 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom