Ambergris Caye dive shop suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amigos del Mar. Even if you choose another dive op to start many of them will be contracting you out to Amigos anyway. This is a good thing. There are other boats that go but this dive is not the one to cheap out on. When you get to the island go to the ops that offer blue hole and get a look at the boat you'll be taken out on. Meet the staff, make a decision. But before you actually book or go out on the Blue Hole dive day, be sure to have done as many local dives as possible and preferrably testing yourself on depth. The Blue Hole dive is not a hard dive but it is certainly one you should be prepared for.

Amigos del Mar. Even if you choose another dive op to start many of them will be contracting you out to Amigos anyway. This is a good thing. There are other boats that go but this dive is not the one to cheap out on. When you get to the island go to the ops that offer blue hole and get a look at the boat you'll be taken out on. Meet the staff, make a decision. But before you actually book or go out on the Blue Hole dive day, be sure to have done as many local dives as possible and preferrably testing yourself on depth. The Blue Hole dive is not a hard dive but it is certainly one you should be prepared for.

This is great information. We had already planned to do a number of dives before our Blue Hole trip for the very reasons you suggested. We will check out the other dive shops. We have heard good things about Island Divers. Our understanding is that we do not have to make reservations this far out for the end of January, so that should work out just fine. Thanks!

I will be spending 10 days in San Pedro early February 14 and my diving is booked with Reef Adventures. We will be staying in the condos next door...Paradise Villas. So far, all the reviews seem to be positive.

Ched and Rueben sre great. Enjoy your trip.

I really enjoyed diving with White Sands. They're over the bridge near the Journey's End resort. Very nice small shop, small fast boats and impressive dive masters. Elbert, one of the owners, was also very helpful with questions about the area.

I should throw my hat in the ring here.
We're picking up and dropping off for free now and are on the Old Journeys End dock which is now called White Sands Dive Shop.
Our dive shop, like most dive shops on the island use a service for the Blue Hole, they book Amigos Del Mar's large boat for the trip, they are pros at doing the Hole and have the largest boat on the island for that long ocean crossing.

Back
Top Bottom