Ambergris Caye dive shop suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm headed to Belize in a week and the guy I was gonna dive with took a job on a live aboard! Anyone have suggestions for good dive operators on Ambergris Caye? I'm travelling alone and prefer a small boat to one of the big cattle herd operators.

Maria

Chuck and Robbies, Island Divers, or even Amigos del Mar. Amigos has smaller boats for local dives. All located right in San Pedro Town.

where will you be staying on the island. this could also influence my recommendation s.

Thanks Chilly, I read the same suggestions in other threads after I posted mine! I emailed Chuck and Robbies and Island Divers today. I'm staying at Caribbean Villas - if that makes a difference I'll email a couple more just to see what they have to offer.

Thanks Chilly, I read the same suggestions in other threads after I posted mine! I emailed Chuck and Robbies and Island Divers today. I'm staying at Caribbean Villas - if that makes a difference I'll email a couple more just to see what they have to offer.

Im staying at Caribbean Villas and diving with Island Divers right now. I would not base any decisions on email responses. Belize tour operators are almost universally unreliable with email. Anyway, NONE of the shops will be cattleboats for local dives especially this time of the year. The most people I have had on a boat this week has been 6. One dive, I was alone with the owner of Island Divers. All of the diving must be legally guided by a licensed tour guide. The tour guide is not allowed to exceed 6 divers per guide. Larger groups get broken up into smaller groups.

You'll have a great time.

Matmac, if you are at Caribbean Villas, pick whoever you like. Any of them will pick you up and drop you at your dock each day. You don't have to make any decisions or bookings before your arrival. Go into town and check out the ops, if you have the time upon arrival. You will have to make contact to get your first pickup, of course. :)

We dove with both Ecologic and Island Divers a couple years ago. Hands down Island was the better operation.

ChillyinCanada, thanks for the advice to check the different dive shops upon arrival. Any idea what an average dive, including gear rental costs?

With rental ~85USD for two tanks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom