Amazing video that captures why we all love to dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen most of the scenes before, but I had to stop watching after the girl ran her hand through the coral. That's not why I dive.

Hi, So why do you dive. I am interested to know what people find fascinating about diving :)

Awwwnnn....not that great.

There were some really neat scenes, but like others have said all of the coral touching (three times I counted) and wildlife harassing was distracting and abysmal for my liking. I rather watch videos shot by amateurs who respeck the aquatic environment...these people have a great quality about them.

I rather watch videos shot by amateurs who respeck the aquatic environment...these people have a great quality about them.
Sometimes those amateur videos are the best ones.

Sometimes those amateur videos are the best ones.

Maybe because they are diving first and not worried about winning a Pulizer Prize (or what ever prize YouTube & GoPRo offers) for video...

Hi, So why do you dive. I am interested to know what people find fascinating about diving :)
I dive for the discovery, and for the natural curiosity of life. I love seeing animals and plants in their natural environment and then learning as much as I can about what I see. There is too much beauty under the surface to just use the ocean as a personal playground.

Just left some negative comments for the video on youtube. We human always think we are the masters of the world, what a pathetic mentality.

Makes me question whether I want to get a GoPro for a backup camera after seeing that this is what they like.

Why do folks like Phil (MaxBottomTime) and I dive, Amberjoy? Certainly not to harass marine life like was done in this video. It is to enjoy the incredible beauty of the marine environment, to experience a totally different world than the one we see (and often enjoy) topside. For me, as a marine biologist, the reason extends beyond the aesthetic into understanding the ecological relationships between the species (especially the ones in our kelp forests) so that we can find appropriate ways reverse the course of human degradation and preserve them for future generations. This is something the video fails on IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom