amazing race asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ishbaby:
LOL . . . . Moonie I can't stop laughing here! The things u do in the office! :rofl:

you have to admit, you look good together :D

chip104:
And even though many of you think that Iris and I would make a good team, think again. She's always complaining that I'm too competitive. She'd most likely hate me after all is said and done. Plus all the viewers will see me as the @sshole and Iris will have a million fans/sympathizers. :)

or you'll probably kill me for being such a crybaby in every challenge :D

Mike Veitch:
Are we off topic? :wink:

Watch out, Pakman will surely be here soon....

mar_sharkfin.gif

Mike Veitch:
Excellent! I love taking pics of sharks!

Now where did sharkbait go?

OT (not that I was ever on topic...): Mike do you have a Z1? Is the housing for thing just huge? you have the amphibico housng right? I'm trying to find a Sony A1E in HK with no luck...

pakman:
OT (not that I was ever on topic...): Mike do you have a Z1? Is the housing for thing just huge? you have the amphibico housng right? I'm trying to find a Sony A1E in HK with no luck...
Its huge, it comes with a Pelican style case. With just the housing in the case and no camera it weighs 53 pounds.....

Camera in housing is 36 pounds.... a ***** if you are shore diving that is for sure.... but its magic underwater.
Shocked you can't find the A1 in HK. THeres always mail order....

53lbs? ***ing-A! BTW, how is amphibico servicing out in Asia, if it even exists or do you have to send back to Canada for fixes?

yeah, I'm gonna have to snoop around later today for the A1, but so far everyone has HC1's for cheap (prices falling now that the HC3 will be coming out). Saw a Z1, friggin monster... can't picture me carrying that around asia.

OK last video question - what are the downsides of getting a NTSC camera (if I mail order a A1U from the states). my tv here is multi system so no problem there. If you're uploading HDV from a NTSC to a PC for editing, can it be converted to PAL when donwconverted to say burn a SD DVD without any problems?

Yea, there is a program calle Canopus Procoder that does a good job, that is what i use for Asian and Europeans here.

You could always ask for PAL format camera in states though, they do sell those too. Try www.bhphotovideo.com or www.adorama.com

Amphibico servicing in Asia, not sure. I think they have a dealer in Singapore. Try amphibico website, should have list of dealers.

Mike Veitch:
Yea, there is a program calle Canopus Procoder that does a good job, that is what i use for Asian and Europeans here.

You could always ask for PAL format camera in states though, they do sell those too. Try www.bhphotovideo.com or www.adorama.com

Amphibico servicing in Asia, not sure. I think they have a dealer in Singapore. Try amphibico website, should have list of dealers.

thanks mike... yeah unfortunately b&Hphoto doesn't provide the current $500 rebate on the PAL A1. only on the NTSC model.

OK, that's it for now on the video questions... now back to our originally scheduled program...

pakman:
thanks mike... yeah unfortunately b&Hphoto doesn't provide the current $500 rebate on the PAL A1. only on the NTSC model.

OK, that's it for now on the video questions... now back to our originally scheduled program...
what was it? i can't recall anymore....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom