Amazing Bait Ball in Bonaire this week -May 2015 - see video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had the privilege of seeing this amazing bait ball in Bonaire this week.

Truly a sight to behold

Bait Ball in Bonaire - May 2015 - YouTube

Try and watch in HD

Craig

---------- Post added May 5th, 2015 at 06:11 AM ----------

Apparently it had been much much bigger a week prior which is amazing as in its current stage it was huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great video. I've seen a few bait balls on Bonaire but yours was bigger than what I have seen and I just shoot stills, not video.

Thanks for sharing.

That's one of my favorite things to do, go right thru it while filming. If you're still there, there's often one off 18 Palms. (the Plaza house reef)

Thanks all, unfortunately not still there.

mbs, the bait ball was just north of Bachelors beach.

We dived with a bait ball of Boga like this during our first trip to Bonaire in 2004, it was magical, will never forget it

How I long to return... October can't come soon enough... Thank you for the video

Jim....

That's awesome. I love playing in baitballs.
We get them here in Key Largo in the summer time predominantly on the wreck of the Benwood, but I've seen them on the Spiegel Grove and at North Dry Rocks too.

That was absolutely incredible! A Bonaire Baitball was among our favorite dives as well but our video was no where near as good. Especially loved the shot with the free diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom