am I SOL re: jet style fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A boot without a foot in it takes up a LOT less space than a boot with a foot in it.

i just hate that nobody around here stocks them. my options are order online and not be sure of sizing or drive a few hours up to cave country

i just hate that nobody around here stocks them. my options are order online and not be sure of sizing or drive a few hours up to cave country

LeisurePro, and a number of other online vendors (like ScubaToys) will let you exchange the fins if they don't fit.

Sounds like the Turtles would probably be perfect you, since they're sized right between the XL Jets and the XXL Jets.

The XXL Slipstreams would probably be a good fit also.

Have you tried a D/S boot? I switched to Jetfins a while back & had to get the xxl. With my D/S boot (White's rockboot)it's a perfect fit. I got a pair of all neoprene socks made by scuba max & dive my D/S boots even when I dive wet. Kept me from having to have two sets of fins. love the jets. I realize this may be an expensive solution being that the boots are over $100, but if it eliminates the need for a second pair of fins, it should be a wash.

update:
found some brand new turtles for 54 bucks (I'm pretty excited about it)
and....they fit! w00t!
there's a little space on the side but there doesn't seem to be any shifting.
now I just need spring straps...

I think they're fine with the boots I have. I'll try them in the water and see.

I have DeepSee hard bottom boots w/ my jets and they fit fine, of course my foot size is not 13 but you might try those. Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom