Am I crazy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL. i saw enough military idiots as an NROTC Midshipman and a Sea Cadet thank you very much. But at least those idiots dont risk their or their childrens lives most of the time

You probably saw twice as much since being Navy oriented.

Now me on the other hand...we're just crazy.

Are you crazy? Yeah! But, aren't we all?

Seriously, the guy putting his 5 year old in the pool on his spare air does lack common sense. I think most would agree.

However, I think a lot of folks would consider scuba divers crazy (& lacking common sense) for strapping a tank of compressed air on their backs and jumping into the ocean. Somethings are relative (no not crazy relatives) ---relative in terms of your perspective.

We all are capable of doing crazy things or having lapses in judgment. Hopefully, we'll all live long enough to learn and survive. Those that don't --- we'll some mistakes you only make once***.
***Just please, don't drag anyone else, like a 5 year old, into your mess.

I think one of my favorite quotes is appropriate here:

"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."

- Frank Lloyd Wright

We get uncertified people all the time wanting to buy either spare air or "just a small tank I/we/my children/ can take in the pool/lake/river. When I explain to them we do not sell SCUBA equipment to uncertified people many get very indignant. When we try to explain why (air embolism etc) many of them think we are just trying to sell a certification course. This from the same people who will be knocking down they lawyer's door as soon as little Johnny holds his breath coming up from the bottom of the pool with one of these units. Then it'll be "Why didn't you tell us Johnny could Die!!!!!" Seems like you can't win sometimes.
Safe Diving
George
PADI MSDT 33859
Prime Scuba

I think one of my favorite quotes is appropriate here:

"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."

- Frank Lloyd Wright

Perfect!

I agree the snorkeler isn't that bad but the 5 year old and the spare air is someone who's definitely swimmin' around in the shallow end of the gene pool.

How can anyone, certified or not, think thats a good idea
shakehead.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom