Always excited to see a new LDS open

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrandpaScuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We had a lot of threads discussing LDS vs. Internet, but I still get excited when I see a new Dive Shop open in my area. It means, I hope, that the local diving industry is still viable and growing.

Those of you in the Puget Sound area, a new shop has opened on the East Hill of Kent. It's on 104th somewhere near 250th, near the Red Robin. It's called Scuba Sports. And for their "soft opening" they are selling Oceanic BC's and other Oceanic stuff for 40% off.

Back in the 90's, a lot of our LDS's were swallowed up by a local dive store chain. I was disappointed that was happening because it reduced local competition and local variety. I'm glad to see that new, independant LDS's are coming back to our area.

I've bought stuff off the internet. But, I still like to shop around and touch and feel stuff before I buy it.

Agreed. LDSs are what bring new blood to the sport, keep prices competitive and build the dive community.

I hear the new shop is a nice one. Here's the address: 25005 104th ave. s.e. Kent Wa. 98031

Just make shure,they make a couple of bucks of you and your freinds.
And maybe they'll stay.:D

Back
Top Bottom