Always and I mean ALWAYS check equipment before diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oly5050user:
same procedure here..I'll even put an int. pressure gauge on regulator to show customer int pressure and that it does not creep..I prefer that they check it with me this way when items are picked up..

If you walk away from a LDS with that weird feeling something is not quite right go to another shop. I am certain most shops do good work, regardless, you are great for asking them to verify the equipment works correctly.

dkktsunami:
Ditto this. Check out equipment especially after service.

I just got off the phone with an employee that works at the shop that seviced my gear {for obvious reasons I will not mention names} this guy told me that these problems customers are having with bad service on their gear have been common latley, he told me to call the owner in the morning and raise hell!!:light:
You can believe I will!!

Mauifish:
he told me to call the owner in the morning and raise hell!!:light:
You can believe I will!!

I was just getting ready to suggest that! LOL...., If it where my own gear, I probably would have been a little less irate but had it been my GF's gear or Gear I planned to let my nieces/nephews use.... I would have caved somebodies head in!

Either way, Thanks for the post. I must admit that I am guilty of putting a lot of blind trust into my LDS. I am still drop-jawed at the whole story over all! WOW! Anyway: I have always and considered myself being "safe and Conscientious" by taking any and all gear to the LDS before hitting the water (I even insist on brand new out of the box stuff being tested before I leave the store). You have really given me a proverbial "good shaking" and a wake up....THANKS!

Please let me know the end of the story.....
I had from the beginning problems with my octopus and after every service it was the same as before and mares refused to help (because different country, USA was very helpfull but Thailand and Czech republic simply don't care a little bit).
So I am used to: before every dive ask if I can screw it on a bottle and put the octo in some water to see if it free flows again and than borrow a different octo and screw it on the first stage.....

I feel this is another case of name and shame.
If you cannot rely on a LDS to at least return you gear in a safe state then they should not be allowed to remain in buisness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom