Aluminum 100's @3300 PSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
I Just saw these tanks on a website and thought they would be a great tank for singles diving wet, and they are bloody cheap
Problem is that I have never seen or even heard of them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dave

Sherwood 100cf Aluminium? Spell it right, you're not a seppo! :boom:

3300 PSI
8Inches in Diameter
26.2 Inches in Length
Weight Empty = 40.2lbs
Buoyancy Full = -3.9lbs
Buoyancy Empty = 3.5lbs
Real Weight´´ = 43.7lbs

They're at www.diversdiscount.com for $200. I'd hate to dive them anything other than single in a thin wetsuit.

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
I Just saw these tanks on a website and thought they would be a great tank for singles diving wet, and they are bloody cheap
Problem is that I have never seen or even heard of them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dave

They are Heavy.....
For the weight and size you are better off with steel 95/98s

weight 38lbs empty, -6.7 full, neutral empty... besides being heaver empty youll also need 3.5 lbs to counteract the buoyancy.. Your effective weight for the alm 100 is 5.5lbs more!
Also the steel is 2 inches shorter.. if you just overfil it to 3000 you have 104 cuft.
If you only get a 3000psi fill on your 100 you only have about 90 cuft of gas..

I had two of these, actually still have them waiting for the guy who bought them to pick em' up.

The ones I owned were Luxfer and were around 3lbs posative when empty. The problem I had was consitantly trying to get a real fill. If you don't get them up to 3300 then you are defeating the purpose. So, I added a couple more steel tanks and sold these. If there was a shop here locally that would have consistantly given good 3300 fils I may have kept them.

As far as price goes, I picked up one here locally from an LDS for $150 + tax brand new with vip and the other I purchased from Abysmal during their moving sale for $150 + shipping and had to pay for a vip here.

Bill

Thanks for your inputs.
This started out as just an interest, I had NO intentions of buying MORE tanks.
When I moved to the USA for a two year contract, I promised that I would not double up on gear, I own plenty of tanks back home. I promised myself that I would "make do" with rented Al80's for the two years, heck, where was I going dive in GA anyways.

I saw those Al100's on Friday and it got me thinking. A bit more reading, a bit of surfing. And a trip to the quarry, and dammit, I placed an order for a new tank this afternoon. Gee thanks guys :D
I cant buy PST tanks, because I cant use them back home, so a LP 95 it was. I am now telling myself I need to go diving EVERY weekend, so that I can justify the cost.

Ya Just got to love the SCUBA cash cow!!!!!

Ben: Sometimes its just easier to go with the flow.....Y'all should know that........
:D :D

You'd have more money for tanks if you stop spending it all on Foster's!

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom