Alternative Rogue waist band?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in no way a techie and so I do not get into any of those discussions. I also don’t think that diver would be using an Outlaw, Rogue, Axiom, etc. I boil it down to a simple question for my customer:
If you take your gear off at the surface, are you okay with it not floating on its own even when fully inflated?
I apply that same standard to my own purchases.

not to derail your thread, but what is your configuration? (how much lead, aluminum or steel, do you use the trim pockets, etc).
I know you had mentioned you just don't like the fact that they are vertical.
Reason i'm asking is that im booked for florida again for about 10 days in april and i'm probably going to do a 5mm wetsuit again.
I use about 12 lbs with hp100 with the 5mm and I think it's getting to the limits of the 25lb bladder.
I have an axiom that I've had for a while and i've been debating on whether to bring that or sell both BCs and buy BC with a bit more lift that's still travel friendly.
fwiw, I don't mind the pockets on the outlaw. I recently got back from turks and caicos and really enjoyed diving it with just a neoprene vest. I think the outlaw really shines in conditions like that. Very minimal and the only extra gear i had was a go pro.
Hi Andrew,

You've read my comments regarding the Outlaw in the BC forum Aqualung Outlaw The fact that the pockets are vertical is not my only complaint.

As you know, I dive in SE FL year round with a 3, 5, or 7 mm full suit with or without a hooded vest. I also travel a fair amount, often warm water, but also some cooler water spots, Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, San Diego... I almost always dive rental AL80s and 8 lbs with the 3, 14 lbs with the 5, and 20 lbs with the 7 mm wetsuits. The Outlaw does just float a full AL80 with 20 lbs of weight. A full steel 100 with 12 lbs of weight would be nearly as heavy.

The only configuration I really enjoyed diving with the Outlaw was a 3 mm wetsuit and 8 lbs of weight. I have largely gone back to diving my Knighthawk, that nicely and stably handles the whole spectrum. I still have the Outlaw and thought that the alternative waist band/weight system might expand its use for me. Regardless, I'll probably give it another try this summer

Enjoy your Florida visit in April. I'm going to be in Bonaire for a couple of weeks with my wife, otherwise, I would have tried to arrange some dives together.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom