Alternative Rogue waist band?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is the Rogue waist band assembly with forward facing weight pockets available yet? I do not find them on the Aqua Lung website

The waist assembly is the only modular part interchangeable between Outlaw and Rogue. So once available, this will make 3 choices for waist on either model.
I assume the new waist band assembly will also use SureLock, is that correct?

You're right Andrew, I'd be using them on an Outlaw, they would work for either BC. The current weight pockets are easily my biggest complaint about my Outlaw.

not to derail your thread, but what is your configuration? (how much lead, aluminum or steel, do you use the trim pockets, etc).
I know you had mentioned you just don't like the fact that they are vertical.
Reason i'm asking is that im booked for florida again for about 10 days in april and i'm probably going to do a 5mm wetsuit again.
I use about 12 lbs with hp100 with the 5mm and I think it's getting to the limits of the 25lb bladder.
I have an axiom that I've had for a while and i've been debating on whether to bring that or sell both BCs and buy BC with a bit more lift that's still travel friendly.
fwiw, I don't mind the pockets on the outlaw. I recently got back from turks and caicos and really enjoyed diving it with just a neoprene vest. I think the outlaw really shines in conditions like that. Very minimal and the only extra gear i had was a go pro.

not to derail your thread, but what is your configuration? (how much lead, aluminum or steel, do you use the trim pockets, etc).
I know you had mentioned you just don't like the fact that they are vertical.
Reason i'm asking is that im booked for florida again for about 10 days in april and i'm probably going to do a 5mm wetsuit again.
I use about 12 lbs with hp100 with the 5mm and I think it's getting to the limits of the 25lb bladder.
I have an axiom that I've had for a while and i've been debating on whether to bring that or sell both BCs and buy BC with a bit more lift that's still travel friendly.
fwiw, I don't mind the pockets on the outlaw. I recently got back from turks and caicos and really enjoyed diving it with just a neoprene vest. I think the outlaw really shines in conditions like that. Very minimal and the only extra gear i had was a go pro.
I think you are saying you need a little more lift than you get from your Outlaw, right? Since you already know you are happy with the Outlaw/Rogue system, maybe upgrade from Outlaw to Rogue for the added lift but keep your Axiom for now? And before anyone asks, no you can’t just put a Rogue bladder onto the Outlaw.

I think you are saying you need a little more lift than you get from your Outlaw, right? Since you already know you are happy with the Outlaw/Rogue system, maybe upgrade from Outlaw to Rogue for the added lift but keep your Axiom for now? And before anyone asks, no you can’t just put a Rogue bladder onto the Outlaw.
Scubaboard put it in my head a while back that I'm going to die a horrible, painful death if I put more weight on the BCD than it has lift.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom