Alona Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazzmeyer

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm planning a dive trip to Philippines in Feb with hubby and have been concentrating research on Alona Beach for this trip.

Anyone have any rec's on dive's that "shouldn't be missed" there?

There is also an opportunity to Island hop down from Cebu (don't have the itenerary yet)...anyone have thoughts on this? Waste of time- go directly to Alona? Or is it worthwhile to spend a few days checking out the dive spots on the way? We will have 8 days to play, 2 days to travel.

We're both AOW and have been diving in Borocay over Xmas. We love wall dives with big fish...love macro as well but don't know what we're looking at most of the time! I'm tired and oh-so-ashamed of that so need good reference books about marine life if anyone has suggestions.

Cheers!

Bohol will be perfect for you. why dont you fly directly from to tagbilaran so you dont waste time taking the ferry from cebu? or is your flight is direct to cebu?
anyway, lots of wall dives in balicasag and you get both big fish and macro. try baywatch divers for personalized diving service.

tazzmeyer:
We love wall dives with big fish...

Definitely Balicasag Island (30 min off Panglao Island (Alona Beach), Bohol) and Apo Island which you can either do from Dumaguete (which has some neat macro stuff) or you might be able to arrange an Apo Island day trip from Alona Beach.

Getting away from the Beijing cold? brrr... I don't blame you, I'm trying to avoid a business trip there soon... tooo cold...

Yes...Beijing is pretty brutal in the winter so we try to hightail it out of the city for some fresh air and sunshine as much as possible.

Thanks for the tips!

Jigo - at this point I'm not sure I can get a flight direct to tagbilaran (unless we go through Manila). We may end up having to route through HK from Beijing - lots of people on the move for Chinese New Year and flights are starting to get scarce...but thanks for the reminder.

How long is the fast ferry from Cebu to Tagbilaran?

Take the oceanjet business class.. it is only US$15 and really nice.
Alona Beach will be perfect. Tons of options available... Balicasag is a must-do. Not so sure about Cabilao... The overnight dive safaris usually go over the weekends where there is demand. Shop around the various dive ops in Alona for your best options.

Back
Top Bottom