ALmost crazy!!Know any compact 10x/12x optical with housing available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undersea

New
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

First of all, introduce myself. I'm a spanish diver who is almost turning crazy, looking for a compact camera for outwater photogragh but maybe in a nearly future, starting with underwater pictures. I will also apologize for my english, but I expect it is enough for our understanding.

Right now, what I want is a compact camera for outwater pictures and I want a 10x/12x optical zoom. What i've found is Canon powershot S2 IS, Oly SP-500 and so on, but it´s almost impossible for me to find this kind of camera with its own underwatercase, in order to have an only camera for all.

I´ve just only able to find the Powershor S1 IS with the WP-DC20, but 3MP are not enogh for my interests, so I´m almost turning crazy for finding my goal.

In this order, do you know/remember any camera which can satisfies my purposes? or even better, do you know if Canon is gonna make in a nearly future a case for the S2 IS? I will recognize that this option is my favourite.

Asking dealers and other forums here in Spain, I´ve not been able to find anything. I hope, there in the States, somebody can guide me.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Javier

olympus c-750 is a 4mp digital compact with 10x optical and has an olympus housing.

Thank you clownfish!!

Don't you think 4MP is quite short for big prints?I know, I'm too demanding.

An option I have studied is the following:

Oly C-7070: 7.2MP and 5x optical zoom.
Case PT-024.

To reach my need of 12x optical zoom for outwater using, a telephoto like this:
http://www.opteka.com/productdetail.asp?productid=4263

What do you think of these "tools"? Could it be a feasible option?

Any suggestion will be welcome.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom