Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that is accurate. If so the civil case would be over and the vacating order on the emergency order clearly states "owners" in plural and that the money will stay in escrow until the owners can come to an agreement.

Sotis has declared personal bankruptcy. As have two of the primary employees. The current case is that of the minority owner trying to force a dissolution of the business based on bad conduct (financial and potentially criminal), and we can read between the lines. The case is essentially one of a "contested business divorce". It'll be granted (nobody can force people to stay in business together). The only real question is "how will assets be distributed?". After that, either party can try to restart it on his own (good luck to that).

The working cash is now locked in escrow. Sotis is bankrupt and has been exposed as a felon, with allegations of continued criminal enterprise. His main store employees have also declared bankruptcy so there's no cash there to ask for. The partner apparently has easy grounds for dissolution of the partnership.

It takes money to run a business and there ain't none handy.

Even a dead cat will bounce once. But it's still a dead cat.

I noticed last year that just about the time of the FBI/DHS interception that AH was terminated as a Megaladon dealer. Megaladon builds military designated rebreathers. Looks like they didn't want to be associated with a rogue reseller selling rebreathers to enemy parties. The fast and loose selling of Chinese high pressure cylinders with faked CE and vague descriptions is just one symptom of a way to doing business that's not good.

You want to lend him a few $10k? I bet the minority partner would be grateful to sell you 20% of the business ;-)

Last edited:
Sotis has declared personal bankruptcy. As have two of the primary employees. The current case is that of the minority owner trying to force a dissolution of the business based on bad conduct (financial and potentially criminal), and we can read between the lines. The case is essentially one of a "contested business divorce". It'll be granted (nobody can force people to stay in business together). The only real question is "how will assets be distributed?". After that, either party can try to restart it on his own (good luck to that).

The working cash is now locked in escrow. Sotis is bankrupt and has been exposed as a felon, with allegations of continued criminal enterprise. His main store employees have also declared bankruptcy so there's no cash there to ask for. The partner apparently has easy grounds for dissolution of the partnership.

It takes money to run a business and there ain't none handy.

Even a dead cat will bounce once. But it's still a dead cat.

I noticed last year that just about the time of the FBI/DHS interception that AH was terminated as a Megaladon dealer. Megaladon builds military designated rebreathers. Looks like they didn't want to be associated with a rogue reseller selling rebreathers to enemy parties. The fast and loose selling of Chinese high pressure cylinders with faked CE and vague descriptions is just one symptom of a way to doing business that's not good.

You want to lend him a few $10k? I bet the minority partner would be grateful to sell you 20% of the business ;-)
Just curious.. Why are you hiding who you are? You obviously have an agenda if not a backbone

Again, I have no dog in this fight. I do sincerely hope:

1) All customers receive any goods that they have paid for, or paid deposits on.
2) All Vendors are made whole, and paid in full for goods they may have delivered and not been paid for.
3) All ordinary employees get paid.

All to often these unfortunate debacles see many innocents harmed in a battle between partners. Let's hope that is not the case here.

Tobin

Again, I have no dog in this fight. I do sincerely hope:

1) All customers receive any goods that they have paid for, or paid deposits on.
2) All Vendors are made whole, and paid in full for goods they may have delivered and not been paid for.
3) All ordinary employees get paid.

All to often these unfortunate debacles see many innocents harmed in a battle between partners. Let's hope that is not the case here.

Tobin

All of the above in a bankruptcy? Good luck on ANY of that...

Didn't have to deal much with them, but got a great deal om my prism2 from them

I have been doing business with Add Helium for 7 years. I have become friends with Peter and learned to respect him and his staff over that period of time because I found him to be a man of integrity that runs his business professionally. He told me about his past during my cave diving course over dinner one night and told me how he turned his life around he doesn't hide that information. He has become a Industry leader in a industry, that in my opinion is very hard to be successful in. He has been very generous to my family and helped support two 501(c)3 organizations that I work with , one that help Kids and one that helps wounded Special Forces Operaters and their families, he has helped us many times. He would never let me advertise that he helped us , He just did it because it was that right thing to do.
I look forward to the day this goes to court because I think Peter and his staff deserve to have their name cleared the people that are dragging it through the mud deserve to have people see what they are , a classless bunch of dirtbags.

I'm guessing after this gets settled and blows over, he will reopen. New name, new corporation. Has too man friends and has well heeled financing "partner". Even Chris Brown reopened in Europe after he fled the Keys and Silent World amidst a mountain of unpaid debt. Only bridges burned here appear to be with a couple of business "partners"

I would be very careful of jumping to any kind of conclusions or passing judgment yet. The accuser has a bit of a questionable past (theft charge on his record) Tough to get a clearance. He has claimed to be a very highly qualified Army Ranger with lots of skills; at least that's what he put on his resume at a shooting range. BUT time in service don't support and neither do the people that actually served in the units and missions he has claimed to have participated in. All of that boarders on Stolen Valor..more to follow... There are lots of people who have heard his stories, hearing things that just didn't add up. Now they are looking into his military record (DD214). (Everyone should ask to see his; they are not classified if that is used to deflect) The DD214 shows a veterans complete record in the military; discharge status (Honorable, General, or Dishonorable), units assigned to, ranks achieved, awards received, schools completed, combat operations and deployments, etc. He claimed to be on operations that don't match the units he claimed to be assigned and one of those operations has opened up visibility from the Special Operations Command.

Unfortunately there are people that have and have not served that will lie for attention, financial gain, etc. It's a real insult to the people that really did the job and their families. Some of these people gave all, some live with issues for the rest of their lives. I will stop there..

There is a credibility issue here and a possible smoke screen from the accuser. I sure hope this guy is not falsely claiming disability based on some these missions he has claimed to be on. I wonder what awards he claims to have received vs the truth?? Free of Information Act will tell all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom