Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just wow. I lurk this board, rarely have any desire to comment, and hold my own council when the desire strikes. But, I have to step in here, as all I am seeing is everyone jumping to conclusions based upon hearsay, inference and innuendo.
From the mind of a retired special agent, and after reading every page of every available document (referenced in this post) filed with the court, and every posting on this board, everybody might want to wait and see what comes of the legal back and forth before leaping to conclusions. This lawsuit cost $401 to file, $10/per entity to serve.
This is a cheap price to pay, especially if your goal is not to win a case, but to destroy a business.
AFTER you withdrew $103,000 from the companies accounts. The plaintiff removed funds without authorization by the managing partner from the business (admittedly, the plaintiff did invest $145,000 in the company for a 20% share), the day before filing a injurious, libelous lawsuit, purportedly on behalf of the company he just misappropriated operating capital from. Plaintiff had to know, even as a 20% partner that businesses need liquidity to operate. Boats need gas, electric bills need paid, etc. He KNOWS how much damage removing operating funds will do. How do I know this? He had access to the accounts through the bank. No other way to withdraw the money. Go to any bank and try to withdraw money from an account that you don't have unrestricted access to. Seriously, read everything in this filing!
All allegations the plaintiff made regarding not having access to financial reports? He had information available, right from the banks. People, he cleaned out multiple accounts, allegedly even one not under the Kaizen umbrella (there is a term for taking something not yours) kinda makes the lawsuit seem a bit like a smokescreen.
Speaking of smokescreen, St John the diver, who created his account today (many of you might dismiss me here, as this is my first post ever on this board, if so, so be it.) has taken some time to dig up public records on the defendant, and to make sure we all know Peter plead guilty to a felony. So what? He served his time, found his passion, married above his pay grade and worked his ass off to build a business. He has spent literally YEARS in the diving community, contributing knowledge and resources and building a life that had nothing to do with the past he has put behind him. Then some troll dredges up garbage and crap on anyone associated with the defendant, and you all try him in absentia over the course of 100 posts? Nice. Really great community I belong to. No wonder I have nothing I wish to share most days.
Now, let's get to the alleged Libyan deal. Forget the argument that rebreathers are military weapons, it really doesn't apply. Why? Logic it out. The only information you have are the plaintiffs allegations. He says he was aware of the connection to Libya and tried to warn the defendant off. He says the FBI and DHS were involved. He says anyone who bought a rebreather from Add Helium would be investigated by the FBI. (Oops, did I get mixed up there? You decide).

Logic it out: Defendant is an ex-con. Believe me, the threshold for locking up a prior felon is pretty damn low, like laughably low. You are pretty much instantly guilty in the mind of any LEO (been there!). So, after the Peter absconded and made the sale of some nebulous military only rebreather tech to some nebulous Libyan, why didn't he go to jail on the spot? He truly would be considered a flight risk because of his proximity to the Caribbean and his international contacts. Believe me, if the was ANY hint of wrongdoing, he would not be walking free.

SB, as a moderator, you seriously disappoint me. I saw you were the first to post Ken's info, and he called you on it, rightly so. You deleted the links to the bankruptcy info you posted, and then turn around and lecture other board members on invading privacy, as if you had not been the first offender.

I agree with Ken, you Sir, have no class whatsoever.

Here is your challenge SB, are you man enough to leave my post unaltered, or will it be gone in whole or part when next I log on?

Oh, and to the OP, it could be interpreted by a reader that your intent in starting this post was not in fact to alert fellow divers to a hazard, but as an attack. I may be wrong, as I haven't had the chance to talk to you in person and I don't know you well enough to judge your actions or motivations. You have me as one of your instructor/reps, so I am easy for you to seek out if you wish. And I would gladly hear you out if you are willing to be open to hearing me out. Maybe we all ought to consider doing the same?

For the record: Yes, I bought a rebreather from Peter. Yes, I know and like Peter. Yes, I know he has a past, who doesn't? At least I know he has overcome his. Yes, I will still do business with Peter.
And, since anonymity in this case would allow you all to dismiss my post out of hand, my name is Keith Crook, from New Braunfels, TX. Yes, I have a past, feel free to dig. And before St John trolls me and gets you all confused, I was a military officer, assigned to the AF Office of Special Investigations. And yes, I do belong to Texas NORML, so what?

Last edited:
To clarify: I have read through all the filings posted online at the County website, likely there is a bunch of other stuff out there. I have read what is available, very carefully. And I did do this (investigate and present evidence to attorneys and juries) for a living once upon a time.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is starting to look a little too much like a pile-on. Thread locked to give the moderators some time to discuss, and the thread participants time to cool off

OK, now that we've had a bit of time for things to cool down, the thread has been reopened. We do not create these controversial situations nor do we vet them. We think it's incredibly important that all sides be allowed to express their opinions and present facts as long as they follow our Terms of Service. You are even allowed to question each others' motivations within reason including mine. Mostly we ask that you stay on topic. Most of our moderation in these controversial threads is removing off topic crap. If you want to rail against being moderated, DON'T DO IT IN THIS THREAD!!! It will be deleted. Take it to site support or thumbs down if you want it to live.

Public records are just that. We're not going to disallow such records being put forth for the public to see them. After all, they're already public if you know how to find them.

then turn around and lecture other board members on invading privacy,
I did not do this and have no desire to do this. Yes, we vigorously defend your rights to privacy and have even been sued to divulge information regarding our users. We just won't do that and are prepared to fight it. We've won two suits in that regard and we expect to keep winning if ever so challenged again. I promise, it's not a good business decision to attack us. We have on request, deleted some personal info that has been posted here. Most of that has been phone numbers and addresses posted by the very individuals who want them removed. As a rule, we don't remove publicly available information as we find that's just a form of censorship. Sure, such personal information can be embarrassing, but once it's been made public, it's fair game. Every thing you do has a consequence. I know that only too well. Life often sucks.

Netdoc, my apologies, I had believed sbijou was a mod on this forum. When I referred to SB, I meant sbijou.

While I have to agree public record is fair to post, I certainly can challenge people to retain an open mind. What I am really getting at is we all have tragedy in our past and difficulties to overcome in the future. Let it play out and see what happens. In the meantime, treat others the way you would want to be treated.

Anyone who thinks exporting rebreathers to foreign countries isn't fraught with peril ought to do some study of the ITAR and arms control list. Right now I only see two rebreathers on the determination list that have been classified as not controlled for export, and even so the Poseidon only for personal use.

If you box up rebreathers as a commercial export commodity (as opposed to carrying it on vacation) you're committing a federal offense.

Sorry guys but it does matter that people are trading with the enemy.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 180
Update, OP and I had a great conversation. I understand his concerns, and his motivation to make consumers aware of potential safety issues. I truly believe there was no motivation for the post other than keeping the public aware. Any history between OP and the defendant is just that, history, as in the past. Over.
We both share the approach and attitude of building others up in this community, rather than looking to tear others down. I challenge everyone to do the same.

Cragfiend:

Conspiring with a released murderer to be an accessory to an armed robbery where weapons were carried and the threat of violence (by a convicted murderer) is a bit past juvenile delinquency. Nobody cares if you smoke a bit of dope. But people care if you've shown that you're willing to deal with the possibility oif trading a human life for money.

Anyone want to buy uncertified Chinese high pressure cylinders with fake CE on them?

Didn't think so.

BTW I removed the bankruptcy link to the two others who work there myself. I figure that they are victims of your buddy as well and are on hard times as a result. Who's betting that they "invested in their jobs" there?

What a shame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom